• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a question about the previous gun ban.
    If one were to own an "assault rifle" during the banned period, what was to be done with the gun? was it taken away from you? did it not affect you if you owned it pre the gun ban?
    Just Curious not sure if this has shown up else where!

You were grandfathered in. That's why people rush to buy certain weapons when there's a threat of a ban, and coincidentally, that why gun makers always what to keep that idea fresh in our heads.

There will not be a gun ban anytime soon. Right now that's political suicide. I have plenty of lefty friends, that have over the recent years inquired (I'm a fence sitter) about ownership.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I don't think so

I think there is a little traction being gained right now by the gun control people...............quote]

Don't confuse noise with traction. It seems politically expedient to some ignorant anti-gun politicians (sorry, that's redundant) to scream when something like the AZ shooting happens. All they're going to be able to do is say "I told you so" which just makes them look stupider than they really are.....if that's possible! Even some of their supporters in the media are waving BS flags at the use of the tragedy to try to further a political agenda.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have a question about the previous gun ban.
    If one were to own an "assault rifle" during the banned period, what was to be done with the gun? was it taken away from you? did it not affect you if you owned it pre the gun ban?
    Just Curious not sure if this has shown up else where!

Have you heard the terms pre-ban/post-ban? If so, that is what it is referring to.

The terms referred to when a firearm was manufactured. If it was manufactured before the ban (pre-ban) it was grandfathered in and essentially exempt. If it was post-ban, it was subject to all the restrictions in the ban.

Top Bottom