• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was just listening to LAST week's broadcast, and Guy was explaining about Nantz v. State of Indiana.

Which we've discussed a few times, maybe without knowing the name of the case.

It's about "pointing" a firearm.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Great job again Kelly. The problem is we need about 1000 more like you willing to get involved and be heard. Guy is really pissed and rightfully so about the backstabbing in progress.

With a Republican supermajority in the Indiana legislature they don’t have the balls to stick it in the eye of Democrats for what they are doing at the federal level. What a bunch of *******.
    Thank you CB. I am a random dude from Hendricks County who needed a hobby. I just didn’t know how aggravating the 2A support hobby could be.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was just listening to LAST week's broadcast, and Guy was explaining about Nantz v. State of Indiana.

Which we've discussed a few times, maybe without knowing the name of the case.

It's about "pointing" a firearm.
    Oh yes, this brings us to SB 199. The Nantz case, the more you read about it, the more you realize the situation was more FUBAR than you could ever imagine.

Edit: the far more FUBAR refers to the Nantz/bulldozer/who owns the bulldozer part of how it ended up in court. That was messed up, sounded like something from south of US-50 in the 70s.

When you think about it, It comes down to two individuals who got C’s in law school (What do you call someone who got C’s in law school? Your honor) decided that pointing a firearm what is in fact deadly force because of inference, and possibility. After 20 years it’s about time this got changed.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hot off the press:

Guy Relford, CEO of The2AProject, just sent the following email to Sen. Liz Brown (chairman of the Judiciary Committee in the senate) and Sen. Rodric Bray (president pro tem of the Indiana senate), with a copy to every Indiana state senator:
    --------------
    Re: The Second Amendment and HB 1369
    HB 1369 (Lawful Carry) passed by the overwhelming majority of 65-31 in the Indiana House of Representatives. Such strong bipartisan support was generated after a hearing in the Public Policy Committee in the House that established several indisputable facts:
    * HB 1369 does not change who can purchase a firearm, who can carry a handgun or where guns may be carried. Those persons who are prohibited from buying a gun or receiving a handgun license today will be "prohibited persons" who may not legally purchase or possess a handgun under HB 1369. HB 1369 has no effect on any "gun free zones" that exist today.
    * Constitutional Carry has now been adopted in 18 states and there is NO DATA to suggest it increases violent crime or danger to police officers on any way.
    * Criminals carry handguns without any concern for licensing requirements - those requirements only create an obstacle for law-abiding citizens that is simply ignored by criminals.
    * Most importantly: The right to bear arms is guaranteed to Hoosiers through the Second Amendment and Article I, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Law-abiding citizens should not have to beg permission from the government in order to exercise a Constitutional right already guaranteed to them by our founding fathers.
    Now, with only one possible date available for a hearing on HB 1369 in the Senate Judiciary Committee, the bill has still not been scheduled for a hearing. Those of us who have worked for years to obtain full and fair consideration of "Constitutional Carry" in the Indiana General Assembly - and were thrilled with the overwhelming and bipartisan victory in the House - find this inexplicable and unjustifiable.
    When we formed The 2A Project over a year ago, our primary goal was to become the preeminent state-level grass roots gun rights organization in Indiana. Since that time, we have developed a strong, motivated and active membership among Indiana voters. In addition, we have developed several key alliances with other gun rights organizations, including the National Rifle Associaton and the Indiana Rifle & Pistol Association. Together, we have identified HB 1369 as our top legislative priority in 2021.
    Another priority of The 2A Project is to hold Indiana legislators accountable when they fail to support pro-Second-Amendment legislation. In our system of evaluation, failure to advance a bill WITHOUT A HEARING OR A VOTE is substantially worse than a single vote against a bill on the floor of either chamber. In our view, the days of killing pro-2A bills behind closed doors in order to avoid a public vote (and public accountability) are over in Indiana. If HB 1369 dies in the Senate without a hearing, we will consider those responsible to be our opposition and we will react accordingly as we identify and support pro-2A candidates in future elections - emphasizing Republican primaries - and oppose those candidates (including incumbents) who have not demonstrated their support of the Second Amendment through their actions in the General Assembly. Giving lip service to support of the 2A while undermining pro-2A legislation will now be called out and communicated to voter bases at every opportunity - through every means of communication available.
    You are a Republican Senator and a leader in the Indiana General Assembly. We have unlimited respect for you and your offiice and The 2A Project would love to be your greatest ally and supporter. Whether we have that relationship or something different is entirely up to you. In this context, please give HB 1369 a hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee. If you personally oppose it - vote against it (in committee or on the floor), but let it be heard. 65 Indiana Representatives think that should happen - and so do members of The 2A Project.
    I am always available to discuss these issues with you and I thank you for your consideration.
    Guy
    ----------------
    Guy A. Relford
    CEO, The 2A Project, Inc.
    1 S. Rangeline Road, Suite 110
    Carmel, IN 46032
    (317) 844-4297
    guy@The2AProject.com
    www.The2AProject.com
    The 2A Project
    www.twitter.com/The2AProject

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    The Republican party is filled with the biggest pussies of any political party in modern history. Afraid to wield any power when they have it and instead make constant concessions to appease Dems.

When democrats hold power they are ruthless and are willing to destroy anyone in their way to further their agenda. Is it any wonder why the GOP is in the position its in?

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    The Republican party is filled with the biggest pussies of any political party in modern history. Afraid to wield any power when they have it and instead make constant concessions to appease Dems.

When democrats hold power they are ruthless and are willing to destroy anyone in their way to further their agenda. Is it any wonder why the GOP is in the position its in?
    That's the truth right there ! Very disappointing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Kinda true. Though I don't want to see the GOP become what I hate so much about Dems. Instead, I want them to spend every bit of political capital they have, when they have it, to stand up against the BAMN conniving Democrats. But yeah, today's GOP is a bunch of cowards who care more about having to battle negative adds during their re-election campaigns.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Yeah but they keep the 'moral' high ground or whatever that means and for whatever good it does...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Kinda true. Though I don't want to see the GOP become what I hate so much about Dems. Instead, I want them to spend every bit of political capital they have, when they have it, to stand up against the BAMN conniving Democrats. But yeah, today's GOP is a bunch of cowards who care more about having to battle negative adds during their re-election campaigns.

Both wings of the uniparty are pieces of ****.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Caught the discussion re: this Rod Bray *** wipe. The ******* refuses a hearing even after 21 co-sponsers were raised....one more than this Bray *** said he needed.... Way to move the goal posts, you *******.

The plan for the bill boards is enough to get my membership and financial support.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Is there a way to read what was said? Or does it have caption capabilities?
    There is a podcast so that you can listen to after the live show. The podcast drops late Saturday evening most weeks. the advantage of the podcast is that the 2 hours show is usually ~65-75 minutes as it does not have the commercial interludes. I listen to the podcasts.

As far as I know, there is no transcription service for it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I cant remember whether it was posted elsewhere on INGO or it was a link at the bottom of another article, but Braying Ass tried claiming he never agreed to anything regarding any number of co-sponsors.

Top Bottom