• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And here I just thought you guys rode Harleys cause you like to go slow...
    :laugh:

I know you put this in purple but I just have to respond.....show me slow. It only rode home in the bed of my truck once due to failure. It tore the chain apart.
    Never got beat in a money race.
    Rolled out several 200 mile plus days on it. Never a failure.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I'm fortunate to have owned my own over the years. I once asked a buddy to ride my XL1200N for me so I could see and hear it going down the road. He happily obliged and later invited me to ride his Road Glide. The bikes seemed happy enough with all of this. Does that make us swingers?

In 2014, I traded my '07 Road King on a new Ultra Limited. The dealer shared that when he resold my RK, the buyer and his wife dropped it, 3 times, before it ever left the store and wound up asking another customer to ride his new scoot home for him. If someone asks you to ride their bike home for you, with their wife on board, well.....................

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Many years ago I brought a Honda back from Japan. It was my third bike and I'd never dropped one. Let my uncle ride it and he dropped it on gravel. Decided between him and my brother this wasn't going to work out so I sold it.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If I had $20k for a bike, I'd either get a ducati 1098 or a s4r tri-color.

Mrs Glue would be a widow if I had either of those. My sled has the same engine as the Yamaha R1. It is pretty fast for a four stroke. My fastest skin it back hole shot on a long straight trail was 117 mph.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Mrs Glue would be a widow if I had either of those. My sled has the same engine as the Yamaha R1. It is pretty fast for a four stroke. My fastest skin it back hole shot on a long straight trail was 117 mph.

I used to be a speedster when I was younger, but I've since got married and had kids.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    True story...

I guy at work kept begging his buddy to let him ride his bike. He finally relented, and the guy hopped on the bike. Before he started it, he had a question.

Beggar: (pointing down) what's this foot lever for?
    Owner: that's the brake.
    Beggar: why do I need that when I have two brakes on the handle bar?
    Owner : GET THE **** OFF MY BIKE!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Another true story:
    A friend of mine was riding a small motorcycle (a 175 if I remember correctly) on a gravel road behind a VW beetle. The lady in the beetle hit the brakes and my friend rear-ended the car. he went over the handlebars and his helmet strap got hooked on the rear bumper. she took him on a little ride down the gravel road before his screaming and pounding on the car got her to stop.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    When I was young and dumb, I decided to sell my first bike...a 50cc two stroke scooter. At that time I had no experience selling anything, much less a motor vehicle.
    A guy I didn't know showed up and asked for a test drive. All I asked was...Do you ride?
    Of course he said yes, and before I realized what was happening, he jumped on the scooter, fired it, and took off. He wobbled at full throttle untill hitting a utility pole. I watched the whole thing in horror. He got up, and ran off without saying a word.
    I was left to fix it before selling it, delaying purchase of my new motorcycle. :(
    Lessons learned. (sigh)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I usually turn down offers to ride other people's bikes. Even my brothers. A good friend of mine had a Road King and when I was thinking about buying one, he pretty much insisted I ride it. So I did. Otherwise I stick by the motto: Never loan your car, your gun or your wife. You can insert bike in the place of car...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have traded my last few bikes in when I purchased a new one. The saving on sales tax that the trade offers was too good to pass up. $770 on my wife's trade up from her 02 RK to a 14 SGS.

If I sell to an individual and they want to ride it they will have to pay me and I will give them the title before they throw a leg over. If they aren't interested in the bike after the test ride, then we swap title back for the cash and they go on their way. No free rides and no taking chances for me. If they don't like my terms, no problem, they can keep looking.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My cousin loaned his FZR600 to a "friend" to ride for the day on summer many years ago.
    The friend was gone for about an hour, he came back to the cousins house, parked the bike at the back of the driveway with the right side facing the fence.
    He walked past the house and shouted at the open window that he had to be somewhere, bye, jumped in his car and left.

My cousin went out to ride his bike later that afternoon and discovered that the side facing the fence was shredded.
    Apparently tool bag had wiped out and just took off.
    They are not friends any longer.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a big long post typed up with multiple quotes about the comradery of riders and how we should all get along and how two wheels is all that matters.

Then I figured, Ah **** it if you don't know it by now nothing I say will change it.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I had a big long post typed up with multiple quotes about the comradery of riders and how we should all get along and how two wheels is all that matters.

Then I figured, Ah **** it if you don't know it by now nothing I say will change it.

Some people are just turds, bro.

My first ride last year, I ended up riding with a kid on a sport bike and one on a bobber (I ride a Harley). Like I said, I don't care what you ride, show respect, get respect.

Top Bottom