• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    They's ......THREE......close family members.....'at I'd let throw a leg over mine ......an' me'be.....?.......me'be TWO on'is board.....I would'n have no qualms 'bout it.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a group of maybe 5 people that have rode my scooters and I have rode theirs. We always rode together and knew what each one was doing and where they would go even in panic mode. We all had "Stupid" fast bikes even the Harley's.

Most of us do not ride any more. We all grew weary burying our friends.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Like Kawtech - I do small repairs and mods on my friends bikes from time to time. I ride all of the bikes that I work on. It is understood that the owner will get the bike back in the same condition that I received it in. I am actually very careful on these bikes. I have two close friends who ride and I would swap a bike on a ride with either of them without hesitation. Everyone else can bug-off. Rules is rules.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I ride, I have friends that ride...I have traded bikes for a little while with them.. I don't see a big deal with it.
    I wouldn't ask a friend to ride a Harley though because I want to make it home.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I let a complete stranger that I'd just crossed paths with at a Speedway station ride my XT600 around the block.
    Of course, I sat there with his Harley... :)

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I hate ppl that climb on parked motorcycles like they are at a dealership. Would you allow stranger to sit in the driver seat of your vehicle?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Sometimes my dad and I will switch bikes to hear the exhaust. We both have the same family of Harley's so it's not a big difference.

A buddy of mine had his Night Train "tuned up" and wanted me to ride it but I refused and he insisted. I took it around the block really carefully. We have logged many miles on together so I guess he felt confident I could handle it.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    And here I just thought you guys rode Harleys cause you like to go slow...
    :laugh:

If I wanted to spend $20K on something that was slow and barely worked right half the time Id buy a used chevy truck.

harley_zpsca7d0f31.jpg

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Bleh, have loaned my bike(s) out many times to friends. And many times I've had guys ask me to ride theirs to either "See what ya think" or figure out some 'problem' with theirs.

It's a bike, not a girlfriend. Duh...

Top Bottom