• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Doesn't everyone know that the .22lr flippers are actually DHS agents tasked with creating revenue along with creating a shortage of which will continue because a large percentage of those buying from the flippers will hoard & never shoot them as well as infiltrating the gun community & appearing as a savior because they have ammo for sale?

mods, convert to purple as you see fit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Holy freaking hell, can these conspiracies stop? It's the American consumers own damn fault that they can't find ammo. On certain calibers they're still in the "buy all I see whether I need it or not" mode

The government needs ammo. BIG shocker. The gun world seems to be turning into the hair salon gossip counter

I confess I am this way... For instance I just bought some more 7.65x53 Argentine and .303 British today... I'm sorry... :p

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    venompwns+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+640+at+_a5dc366506e80603ae9d602e8ea9bfbc.jpg

gm652

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Seymour
    I cant wait for all those guns to start hitting the used gun market. Someday the prices are going to drop like a rock

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    As I walked up to the ammo case a few days ago , a wide eyed 65+ farmer looking type guy steps up close to me and yells " What do you want ? ! What are you here for ? There's ONE brick left and I'm waiting on the key ! "
    I thought this guy was going to have a stroke during the 2-3 minutes it took to get the glass case unlocked . He was pacing and guarding that case with fire in his eye -ready for a fistfight over that brick .
    As he was paying for the ammo , he tells the clerk that he " has well over 1,000 rounds at home and doesn't even know when he will ever shoot it ".

This is ONE of the reasons why we have a shortage . ( what a d**k )

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    As I walked up to the ammo case a few days ago , a wide eyed 65+ farmer looking type guy steps up close to me and yells " What do you want ? ! What are you here for ? There's ONE brick left and I'm waiting on the key ! "
    I thought this guy was going to have a stroke during the 2-3 minutes it took to get the glass case unlocked . He was pacing and guarding that case with fire in his eye -ready for a fistfight over that brick .
    As he was paying for the ammo , he tells the clerk that he " has well over 1,000 rounds at home and doesn't even know when he will ever shoot it ".

This is ONE of the reasons why we have a shortage . ( what a d**k )

Well over a thousand rounds? Wow!!! This guy must have a walk in safe to keep it all in.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I was just at Walmart and they pretty much had all calibers in stock except .22. The new sign also said no limit on ammo except for .22. Needless to say I grabbed up a few boxes :rockwoot:

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Hey, I think aliens (not illegal immigrants) are hording the ammo so that when they attack the earth there will be minimum resistance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well over a thousand rounds? Wow!!! This guy must have a walk in safe to keep it all in.

I think you missed the point. Doesnt matter how many he has in his closet. It matters how much he shoots. He's a hoarder that doesnt actually go out and shoot.

It doesnt matter if he has 1,000 and shoots 10 shots a year at woodchucks, or if he has 10,000 and shoots 10 a week at paper. Either way its gonna take quite a while to get rid of what he has so why buy more except to hoard? Given by his own admission he doesnt need it, I agree with Radar.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I was just at Walmart and they pretty much had all calibers in stock except .22. The new sign also said no limit on ammo except for .22. Needless to say I grabbed up a few boxes :rockwoot:

My local Walmart looked the same. The ammo case was filled with more 100 round boxes of 9mm, 40, and 45 than I have seen in a long time.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My Walmart was much better too! I bought quite a bit of ammo today. Will be nice not to have to go all of the time with that 3 box limit now that one trip can take care of the need… I wish I could get it online as cheap as I get it there! Reloading is in the not so distant future for me I do believe...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I freely admit that before things went to crap I usually kept very little ammo around. I would drop by Wal-mart or the LGS on the way to the range and get what I needed. I learned my lesson and now have over 5k of 9mm range ammo in the safe. I know many people probably have way more than that. I will continue to buy it whenever funds are available and I see what I consider quality ammo within what I consider a reasonable price range. I'm sure there are a lot of others just like me. I have no intention of flipping anything. I just like to shoot on a regular basis and I have no idea when the next panic will hit. So I will continue to buy when I can.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    My Walmart is on north Keystone. Always plenty of 223/556 but RARELY ever any 9mm and definitely no sight of .22. I stopped worrying about buying ammo 5 months ago or more but if I'm in there I'll still take a look to see what's coming back. Last time I saw bricks of .22, a gentleman and I were ogling the 3 bricks in the case waiting for the key. The guy grabbed the 3 bricks and I think he saw my puppy dog face and offered to give me one of the bricks. I said no thanks and let him have 'em. I have about 575 rounds of .22lr and I'm fine with that until it all comes back.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The Wal-Mart here in Lawrenceburg is hit or miss on ammo, more miss than hit actually. For the last 2 weeks, there was nothing, now there is some Federal Champion and WWB .40 and .45 bulk packs. I picked up a 100 pack of FC .45 for a little over $40 OTD. Not great, but at least there was some available. No .22 or 9mm though.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Wal-mart in Noblesville - 2 boxes of 357 mag. (remington 125 gr. soft point )
    Lots of white box 100 pack in 45
    Lots of 9mm federal hollow point
    some 17 hmr
    as of 3:oo pm 2/23/14

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure posting the location every time you find ammo is really going to help with the shortage...

Prices are going down. Demand is down though higher than it was in the past. one thing is that manufacturers are increasing production. And there is some overseas production that is getting into the US. Maybe, with an Republican president, we might see more overseas ammo come in thus taking prices down even more.

Top Bottom