• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Homeland Security is buying another 750,000,000 rounds to keep them out of civilian hands. The Israelis are buying all the ammo
    they can to send to the Ukraine. Heard this at the ammo counter at Wal Mart this morning, so it must be true. Just thought you'd
    all like an update.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Holy freaking hell, can these conspiracies stop? It's the American consumers own damn fault that they can't find ammo. On certain calibers they're still in the "buy all I see whether I need it or not" mode

The government needs ammo. BIG shocker. The gun world seems to be turning into the hair salon gossip counter

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    There seems to be a movement that holds the belief that .22LR will win the next home front war. Next up should be a movie (ala RED DAWN) how a small band of resistance conquers the tyranny using only .22 caliber weapons.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, we've got a smelly guy at Wal-Mart, it's being discussed at INGO. If we can cross-check this with anonymous blog posts I think we can confirm the conspiracy.

Serious note: rumors thrive in an information vacuum.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    There seems to be a movement that holds the belief that .22LR will win the next home front war. Next up should be a movie (ala RED DAWN) how a small band of resistance conquers the tyranny using only .22 caliber weapons.

That's just silly. How could there be any real resistance with empty .22 weapons? There's no ammo, remember? Duh. ;)

No, what the movie would really be about is a resistance armed with double-barrel shotguns, with everyone firing warning blasts into the air, the pellets raining down on the attackers. Very effective, from what I've heard.

Semper fi. :ar15:

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    While it is true that ammo has been scarce, my local Walmart had been out of 22lr for over a year. If they did get any in, it was gone before I ever saw it. That being said, they had quite a bit of CCI copper plated and LRN Blazer in stock yesterday, so of course I bought their self-imposed limit of 3 boxes of 22lr, and then also bought a bulk pack of 9mm. Pricing wasn't horrible - the CCI came in at $.125 / round, and the bulk pack WWB was $.275 / round, both prices after taxes. Had I bought the Blazer .22LR, the price would have been $.052 / round. Again, not stellar prices, but acceptable. The important things to realize here are: A. It was available at Walmart, not just the internet or my LGS. B. It was acceptably priced. C. When the sales guy finally showed up at the counter, a small line had formed of folks in shock that their ammo shelves were stocked with calibers ranging from .22 through 5.56, 9mm, .40, .45, 7.62x39, and even 7.62x51; and there were no riots to purchase more than the limit - all were civil!

I don't want to get too excited - maybe yesterday was a fluke. Maybe it was as simple as all of the planets were in alignment, and I was destined to finally get some reasonably priced ammo. Who knows, only time will tell. I am, however, strangely more optimistic than usual as a result, and hope the trend continues!:ingo:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    The .22LR shortage is due to:

1. The hoarders 'know' that bullets will be the new economy
    2. The hoarders want to supply their neighbors to form their own private army's
    3. The hoarders want to go down in history as 'generals' to the resistance
    4. There's no such thing as a hoarder, just guys who want to sit on millions of rounds.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Homeland Security is buying another 750,000,000 rounds to keep them out of civilian hands. The Israelis are buying all the ammo
    they can to send to the Ukraine. Heard this at the ammo counter at Wal Mart this morning, so it must be true. Just thought you'd
    all like an update.
    Homeland security are idiots. If they were smart they would buy up all the ammo they can and pass it out for FREE to all the law abiding citizens in order to defend themselves against the ever increase in Homicides and violent crimes.
    I guess our Government figures they can't make us give up our guns so they do the next best thing. Make it difficult and very expensive to purchase ammunition for our guns. Very clever. I guess we have to keep buying the crap that
    Russia sells and clean our guns more often.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Don't discount the 22LR. The Mafia swears by it. :draw: and they learned from the Japanese.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Except for .22 I see ammo everywhere now, places have 5.56 in abundance, all brands. And guess what it's still sitting there in abundance because dealers haven't figured out that the panic for it is over. When you still see the independence, USA, and even some of the steel case stuff at 10-12 dollars a box/20 it's not going to fly off the shelves. The best I have seen lately is 9.00 a box which is still .40 cents a round for cheap 5.56. It may be that .40/round may be the best it's going to get now. I know pre-panic the best I ever found was .30/round at local stores when Gander used to sell those 100 packs of AE at 29.99 but then those went to 39.99 and back to standard price of 49.99. I think those now are around 60.00/box.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My take on it is that there are a lot of new gun owners who can't hit anything with a firearm. They just make noise and waste a lot of ammo. If they could hit what they were aiming at, they wouldn't need to buy so much ammo.:popcorn:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Don't discount the 22LR. The Mafia swears by it. :draw: and they learned from the Japanese.

I don't think anybody discounts the viability of the 22 in certain situations. It's easy to silence. Fighting a force that has you in sight from miles away using drones and thermal imaging is a different strategy that Mafia tactics would most likely falter against though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Personally, I enjoy shooting .22LR so much that every time I see any on shelves, can find it with my WalMart/Cabelas/Gander Mountain contact network, or find it online, I buy as much as they have. I mean, I don't actually shoot any of it...that would be silly....but I like the idea of having what, 15 months ago, I would have considered a 10 year supply, on hand at all times.

Y'know I have to look out for myself with the government causing this ammo shortage.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    12.5 cents a round is acceptable?! No way will I pay that for .22. Even gander sells cci at 8 cents for cci. As far as the continuing shortage, I'm sure flippers have a part in it but also guys like me don't help.lol. I never kept a stock of ammo. I would keep a box or two and when I soot it I would go buy another box. After a summer of being unable to shoot and my kids being unable to shoot,I started buying it whenever I saw it att reasonable prices. I now have around 5000 rounds. All bought during this shortage, commercially, at prices of 8 cents a round or less. You get a bunch of guys like me who got the wake up call too late finally changing their ways, and the shortage is understandable.

Top Bottom