• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In a way it is Omerta, for their own reasons, they don't want to deal with the police. I often wonder how many of these killing are in retaliation for other killings in the past, something like "..for justice we must go to Don Corleone."

My guess is that most of it tied to the drug trade, a criminal enterprise like the mafia.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It’s neither racial nor ethnic, it is cultural. I have no problems with the “we don’t call the law” types regardless of skin color or locations, that approach works pretty well in some situations. The hypocrisy only shows up when some of the people change their tune from “F the police” to “the police won’t do anything to help us” as soon as the cameras show up.

The biggest downside is for those who are trapped/surrounded by people whose culture they don’t particularly agree with.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm sure deep woods Appalachians don't call the police either. They just don't live in a metropolitan area where these types of crimes are more visible by "regular people" and therefore make the news.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    If “snitches get stitches” and distrust of police drives their behavior why would that be hypocritical? No one’s threatening them.

hypocrite​

[ hip-uh-krit ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: hypocrite / hypocritical on Thesaurus.com

noun​

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

When your movement is called " Black lives matter" but you only protest, burn and destroy when it a crime committed by whites or cops.
    Not black on black...I think it's appropriate to call it hpocritical

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Din see fuffin's are all directly related to Dindo Nuffin. Can't rat on the good kids just trying to get their life together.

There should be purple but it's hard to be sarcastic at the same time as relating reality.
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen fuffins before. If I ever do it’ll probably be amazing I’m sure.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Why the need to attack some people's religion? Your point could have been made better without.

Are poor white areas any better when it comes to this? Poor Hispanic? Poor Asian? Distrusting the police is not a racial thing.
    Im not attacking anyone's religion. The truth is not an attack on a religion, it's very well documented and even the Pope has acknowledged it and talked about it openly.

A post was made that white people couldnt understand not talking to police because they're rational, which is a nice way of saying whites are rational and other races are not. And to prove it wrong. So I did, and used one of the largest cover ups in recent history as an example of white people not going to police when bad things happen. I dont think its a racial thing either.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you think it's a fear of being considered a snitch, I don't think you're understanding the situation.

Real life isn't a movie.

They just refuse to acknowledge police or the justice system in general.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Well I have little experience with this and no knowledge of the specific incident, but I offer a couple ideas:

1) the community supports the shooting as retribution for some terrible action.
    2) the community doesn't trust cops because when was the last time the cops actually helped them?
    3) the community has a long-standing distrust of the majority-white powers that be due to a couple centuries of systematic racism.
    4) they community knows if they speak up something bad will happen to them, i.e. drug lord runs the neighborhood.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Over and over again..."Somebody knows who killed my (son, daughter, brother, baby, etc.) and they have to tell what they saw..." But nobody says anything.
    One young man was shot on a basketball court with about 150 people present and "ain't nobody seen nuffin."
    Do people not come forward because they'd rather see a murderer go free than help the police, do they fear retaliation from gang members or friends of the shooter, or are they just willing to see more murders rather than be called a snitch?
    Or is it something else?

I really don't understand.
    Watching the coverage over the weekend of the 12-year-old boy shot while sitting in his Grandma's house playing video games, I DIDN'T hear the mayor or anyone else blaming guns for a change. I DID hear people (police chief) saying that it was a drive-by shooting, with others from "the community" expressing "enough is enough".

I DIDN'T hear that any suspects were being rounded up, which brings the questions "Who were the shooters targeting at that house?" or "Did the shooters hit the wrong house?". If their intended victim was in the house but not hit, they'd rather say nothing while this kid -most likely a relative- dies for being in the wrong place at the wrong time? That's insane. That's a helluva culture to live in and protect with your silence.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watching the coverage over the weekend of the 12-year-old boy shot while sitting in his Grandma's house playing video games, I DIDN'T hear the mayor or anyone else blaming guns for a change. I DID hear people (police chief) saying that it was a drive-by shooting, with others from "the community" expressing "enough is enough".

I DIDN'T hear that any suspects were being rounded up, which brings the questions "Who were the shooters targeting at that house?" or "Did the shooters hit the wrong house?". If their intended victim was in the house but not hit, they'd rather say nothing while this kid -most likely a relative- dies for being in the wrong place at the wrong time? That's insane. That's a helluva culture to live in and protect with your silence.
    Almost the very first words out of the mayor's mouth were about "gun violence". Same with the police chief. You must have missed that part.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's a helluva culture to live in and protect with your silence.

Almost like if they don't want to help out their community, we should stop sending tax dollars to help out their community and let them figure it out.

Seems kind of communistic to shovel everyone else's money into such an effort.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

hypocrite​

[ hip-uh-krit ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: hypocrite / hypocritical on Thesaurus.com

noun​

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

When your movement is called " Black lives matter" but you only protest, burn and destroy when it a crime committed by whites or cops.
    Not black on black...I think it's appropriate to call it hpocritical
    He's got you there, Miguel

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Im not attacking anyone's religion. The truth is not an attack on a religion, it's very well documented and even the Pope has acknowledged it and talked about it openly.

A post was made that white people couldnt understand not talking to police because they're rational, which is a nice way of saying whites are rational and other races are not. And to prove it wrong. So I did, and used one of the largest cover ups in recent history as an example of white people not going to police when bad things happen. I dont think its a racial thing either.
    Dude, you barely have the Cliff Note's understanding of that situation. I'd quit while you're ahead and people just think you're an idiot

Top Bottom