Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Why is it hard to reverse infringement?

Why is it easy to pass infringement?

Why is it easy to usurp freedom?

Why is it hard to get folks to fight back?

I know you were trying to get more why is it questions posted, but I'll answer these from my thoughts. Conservatives or people on the Right are productive members of society. We have "skin in the game" and build up careers, reputations, etc. We try to work within the system to keep things aligned with the constitution, as much as possible, or at least keep things sane. We can't go around doing nothing but protesting and we abhor the thought of violence and property damage like the Left seems to love. The Left wants to destroy our country and we want to preserve it. We have the more difficult job.

/early morning ramblings

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I see the thread has devolved into silliness. But I will answer the OP:
    It's because the left has (over generations) done a much better job of building people who are dependent upon them. Think of all the government workers who are dependent upon the government for a paycheck. Think about the (ever increasing) welfare state who depends on the government for money, housing, and everything else. Think about all the bureaucrats and politicians who personally gain from a big government. All these groups actively push for bigger government and more government power. The more government, the more they have to "govern". And they "govern" by adding further infringement upon existing restrictions and shrinking freedom. Their goal is an authoritarian state, and they are organized.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    You're starting to get a little milage here IM. Maybe not what was intended. We can't always count on anything to go the way we want it to in the INGO universe sometimes. :lmfao:
    Why is it some people insist on putting pineapple on pizza?

Why is it I posted before going through the whole thread to see this was already brought up?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    ...because there are always a majority of people ready and willing to trade liberty for the perception of security. Nothing new about it either.

I recently heard a news segment where a PA legislator openly mocked the famous quote from Ben Franklin, saying that "Ben's white privilege was showing" when he said that people shouldn't trade liberty for security. They don't even deny that is what they want to do.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Why should I have to pay for reparations?

Why am I labeled white privileged when I have to pay/work for everything?

Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

Why do steam irons have a permanent press setting?

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Top Bottom