Why Are Republicans So Soft In Red States, Like Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is often lamented here that our republicans are weak and soft, this article makes some excellent points on that topic.

“In the big red states, everyone who is wants to get elected to anything joins the GOP. So, naturally, a lot of people who, in a non-red state, would probably be Democrats, join the GOP.”

Is that not the perfect definition of RINO?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This has been my theory for a few years now.

”So, naturally, a lot of people who, in a non-red state, would probably be Democrats, join the GOP. It’s the only game in town. Can you tell the difference between Arkansas’s Asa Hutchinson and a Democrat?”

Add to that most republicans fear the backlash of the teachers’ unions and the blue haired LGBT mob than they do their voters. They know you’ll vote red no matter what. They seem intent that if they just try to be nicer, they’ll get those people to support them…at least not say so many mean things to them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know I see a lot of so called city counselor’s or mayors in red parts of our state that are or have been put on committees by Obummer and bidet. Their votes to run the cities are nothing short of leftist…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I didn't read your Townhall piece, but the quote you included seems reasonable for an answer to 'why'. Also, the R's have a pretty solid lock here in IN. So once in office they can perhaps be less committed to the ideas preferred by the citizens since there isn't much likelihood of losing a seat to a D in this state.

Plus they don't have to worry about folks voting for a Libertarian because they get the sheep to believe that a vote for a Libertarian is like giving a vote to a Democrat.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Plus they don't have to worry about folks voting for a Libertarian because they get the sheep to believe that a vote for a Libertarian is like giving a vote to a Democrat.
    It is until libertarians can get mass appeal to be relevant. In your lifetime is there a higher water mark than Perot at near 20% for any third parties in national elections? More than an occasional one off for governor of any state?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    They know most R never look at that record, are lazy and will just hit the R button every election. Not realizing all they are doing is actually voting a D into office over and over again. They got church functions, soccer games and fields to plow, no time for politics except Election Day. Push the R button.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    It is often lamented here that our republicans are weak and soft, this article makes some excellent points on that topic.

“In the big red states, everyone who is wants to get elected to anything joins the GOP. So, naturally, a lot of people who, in a non-red state, would probably be Democrats, join the GOP.”

Is that not the perfect definition of RINO?

Meet my county government.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This has been my theory for a few years now.

”So, naturally, a lot of people who, in a non-red state, would probably be Democrats, join the GOP. It’s the only game in town. Can you tell the difference between Arkansas’s Asa Hutchinson and a Democrat?”

Add to that most republicans fear the backlash of the teachers’ unions and the blue haired LGBT mob than they do their voters. They know you’ll vote red no matter what. They seem intent that if they just try to be nicer, they’ll get those people to support them…at least not say so many mean things to them.
    But why doesn't that work both ways? Why wouldn't there be people running as democrats in California or Massachusetts that would be republicans in a less blue state

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, actually most people don't vote for a Libertarian because they have no path to victory nor any hope of actually governing if they did have one

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And it continues. But I believe this is the way out.

So what do we do about it? We start paying attention, threatening primaries, and voting out the guys who can’t or won’t cut it. If they aren’t motivated by ideology, then we need to motivate them by fear for their jobs. Not just in elections years. In all the years.”

“It’s annoying, but we are winning. I didn’t just start doing this five years ago. I’ve been in politics for decades, so when somebody whines about how bad the Republicans are today, I remember when they were much worse. Believe it or not, the current situation is not merely an improvement but a vast improvement. Yet, we can improve more. We can do better. So, if you’re in a red state, demand conservative conformity. We don’t want “mavericks” or “adults in the room” because when the regime media identifies a “maverick” or an “adult in the room," it’s never a Democrat voting with Republicans. It’s always a Republican stabbing us in the back. So stop putting up with it, red states. Apply boot to butt, and kick collaborators like Lankford to the curb.“

Top Bottom