• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Does anyone have a list of who voted to raise the debt ceiling in the House and the Senate? Whoever voted to raise it we need to vote out next election and whoever didn't we need to keep on their butts to keep doing the right thing.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So you are in favor of retaining those who voted against it because they wanted to include raising taxes (aka "revenue enhancements")? Be careful of oversimplifying your decisions.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Senate
    Lugar voted yes
    Coats voted no

House
    Carson, Vislosky, Burton, Rokita, Stutzman voted no.
    Donnely, Pence, Bucshon, Young voted yes.

To Pudly's point, you can't just go by the yes or no, but rather the reasons for the vote. I'll go out on a limb and say that Coats and Carson voted the same way for entirely different reasons.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Personally,I think we need to clean house from top to bottom and put in new people who AREN'T career "politicians"......I know,I know,it's not very realistic,but a guy's gotta cling to some hope for the future of this country...there's gotta be somebody,somewhere who's still willing to do the work of "We the People" instead of whoever lines their pocket the most..........

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Does anyone have a list of who voted to raise the debt ceiling in the House and the Senate? Whoever voted to raise it we need to vote out next election and whoever didn't we need to keep on their butts to keep doing the right thing.
    This my friends, is a large part of what's dysfunctional in Washington. We muat be cautious to not use a wide black or white brush.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Senate
    Lugar voted yes
    Coats voted no

House
    Carson, Vislosky, Burton, Rokita, Stutzman voted no.
    Donnely, Pence, Bucshon, Young voted yes.

To Pudly's point, you can't just go by the yes or no, but rather the reasons for the vote. I'll go out on a limb and say that Coats and Carson voted the same way for entirely different reasons.
    From what I have heard, on the radio Carson voted NO, because there were NO TAX INCREASES ....

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Ok, you can start with the majority of the GOP. From 2002-2008, they voted and raise the debt ceiling 7 times.

LOL. The last 4 Bush years were a liberal legislature. They blame bush for those 4 years but he was essentially a lame duck. The libs were to blame for almost ALL the economic failing during the Bush admin. There is plenty to blame bush for (patriot act etc) but lets at least TRY to keep it real shall we?

Having said that, except for a few of the financially responsible people we voted in in last year we should vote them all out. But lets be serious, voting out the GOP in favor of new Libs is NOT the best idea.

Top Bottom