• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Whatever you do get that Sh** fixed ricky ticky before this turns into, your wife saying "well since we have to remove one piece of tile we might as well, replace the cabinets, then appliances, then repaint and add some new lighting."

Your dishwasher repair just turned into 30k.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rather thick ceramic, 6", maybe 8". It's all set in mortar, so alcohol won't do anything.

You've got to be kidding! If your floor tile is really six to eight inches thick pull it all up and use it to armor the inside of a safe room! Then pull and repair/replace dishwasher and re-tile with something a bit more rational :)

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Whatever you do get that Sh** fixed ricky ticky before this turns into, your wife saying "well since we have to remove one piece of tile we might as well, replace the cabinets, then appliances, then repaint and add some new lighting."

Your dishwasher repair just turned into 30k.

This man speaks a truth. A leaky faucet cost my father in law $3,000 for a bathroom remodel.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You've got to be kidding! If your floor tile is really six to eight inches thick pull it all up and use it to armor the inside of a safe room! Then pull and repair/replace dishwasher and re-tile with something a bit more rational :)

6" to 8" square, ~ 3/8" or 7/16" thick.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    You'll probably have to remove the tile in front of the DW. Hope you have some extra because you won't get it up without breaking it. Another possibility is to unscrew(from the underside)the counter top and raise it up a inch or so.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Another possibility is to unscrew(from the underside)the counter top and raise it up a inch or so.
    this is the way to go. Crawl in the cabinets and try to find screws, then raise the counter top. Still a fair amount of work, but probably easier to do than chiseling up floor tile!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Did this to myself 3 years ago. Wanted to have the kitchen floor vinyl replaced with laminate flooring, but the sub floor(?) was too messed up to put laminate down. I did not have enough money to get the job done right, which included removing all the cabinets and having the sub floor redone, so I had them just do up to the cabinets, which trapped the dishwasher with a 1" lip and no upward room at all. This year, I had it fixed by having new counter top installed. Still cain't afford new cabinets, so I had the counter guys raise the counter top one inch, which got the dishwasher out, and had the space under the dishwasher raised level with the flooring. Now it all works like it is supposed to, yippee me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It would depend on the backsplash. If lifting the counter would tear it up, I'd break out the sawzall. Also, I think they silicone the counter to the cabinets. Again, sawzall the dishwasher.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would think any appliance store would be able to sell you or maybe even give you some adjustment legs (just the part you turn to level).
    I know when I worked for Lowes, we kept several of those around as well as several screws for the backs of dryer/ovens for hooking up a 3 or 4 prong cord.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OK, it's done.

I had to use a hacksaw and cut off the feet - no long term consequence because it didn't actually rest on the feet, just the bottom rails.

I finally pulled it out and deduced that the problem was a (really) loose neutral connector in the breaker box.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I'll have the pleasure of going through this at some point. Except mine is 3/4" hard wood..:) I'll probably be sawing off the the feet as well.

Top Bottom