• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My dishwasher broke - I need to pull it out and fix it. But as I started to remove it, I realized it's tiled in place! The floor tile in front of the dishwasher essentially captures it by presenting a 3/8" ledge that the dishwasher cannot go over. I can't lift it up because it's right up against the granite countertop.

:xmad:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My dishwasher broke - I need to pull it out and fix it. But as I started to remove it, I realized it's tiled in place! The floor tile in front of the dishwasher essentially captures it by presenting a 3/8" ledge that the dishwasher cannot go over. I can't lift it up because it's right up against the granite countertop.

:xmad:

Mine sets on adjustable legs. Can you pivot it up slightly to take the weight off and screw the legs up??

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mine sets on adjustable legs. Can you pivot it up slightly to take the weight off and screw the legs up??

I don't think there's 3/8" of travel in the adjustment, plus there's a rail right behind that that going to be a problem.

I'm going to try that. Hopefully if I can get the front out enough, I should be able to lift up enough as I assume the everything but the front lip is compressible insulation.

I had to fight and fight and fight to get the kick panel off.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    What kind of tile is it?
    My home had adobe tile in the kitchen and entry ways when I bought it.
    A couple pieces of the tile were cracked and I ended up using alcohol to loosen the glue to replace them. It made cleaning the glue easier to reinstall quicker as well. I did have to get into the surrounding tiles because of the alcohol loosening the glue. Just another thought.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What kind of tile is it?
    My home had adobe tile in the kitchen and entry ways when I bought it.
    A couple pieces of the tile were cracked and I ended up using alcohol to loosen the glue to replace them. It made cleaning the glue easier to reinstall quicker as well. I did have to get into the surrounding tiles because of the alcohol loosening the glue. Just another thought.

Rather thick ceramic, 6", maybe 8". It's all set in mortar, so alcohol won't do anything.

Top Bottom