• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    Not sure if this is a dupe, hard to search from phone.

Anyone see this news clip before? Four handguns found inside with shooter & the AR is back in the trunk again. I'm not sure of the timeframe of this video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS1x9RtSvis&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

EasyBakeGunClub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    As we found out in Portland, it takes time for details to come out - more so with the current gun control furor. Over the next week the story will emerge in full.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The news media has gotten everything wrong on this from the start because they have an agenda. On the other hand they are waiting for more information before saying much about the 4 Americans there were murdered in Bengazi??? Maybe because it doesn't fit their agenda... Just sayin
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The very first reports I saw were that the shooter used a Glock & a Sig Sauer inside the school. The same reports said a "Bushmaster assault weapon" was found in the car. Some said the trunk of the car.

Once the media picked up the term "assault weapon" from the initial coverage then it became a story about "assault weapons" and killing children.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have also questioned this from the very beginning. I heard initially that the rifle was supposedly in the car and he only brought pistols in. Then the story changed to he used the rifle primarily in the school and a shotgun was left in the car... you don't have to be a forensic expert to tell what guns were brought in and used.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    The very first reports I saw were that the shooter used a Glock & a Sig Sauer inside the school. The same reports said a "Bushmaster assault weapon" was found in the car. Some said the trunk of the car.

Once the media picked up the term "assault weapon" from the initial coverage then it became a story about "assault weapons" and killing children.

The report I saw, said the gun in the car was a Saiga shotgun. The size of the magazine was not mentioned, but the reporter made sure to mention that it was capable of having a 50 round drum attached to it.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I thought i read somewhere that all the victims had multiple wounds from a 223 rifle they made sure to say similar to the bushmaster. How can that be done with two pistols?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Eric Holder visited the First Responders in Newtown yesterday. I say he is helping them coordinate stories to present the most convenient one for the Admin.

indygoat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Clermont, IN
    The mainstream media has totally smurffed this thing up. When they thought it was the AR that was the primary weapon, I was getting push notifications from FOXNEWs and my phone left and right. Now the change, and many sources have this story buried. The misinformation is ridiculous, and the liberal consumption of it is ever worse! They can't even get the misinformation fed to them by the media right!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't know what is so complex about it, it's cut and dried physical evidence, it's not DNA, prints etc. It should be fairly straightforward.

Physical evidence is never straightforward. Lots of stuff to get wrong.

It never is what it initially appears to be. Never.

Not the cops fault, but it is often like a Rorschach test. People, even good coppers, see what they WANT to see (well, sometimes criminal defense attorney see what they WANT to see too).

Wait and see what develops.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Should be pretty easy to know what rounds were used, unless the shooter policed his brass (and then dumped them someplace not visisble).

I doubt incompetence on the part of the media.

Throw enough BS out there and then later pick what you want your story to be.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Physical evidence is never straightforward. Lots of stuff to get wrong.

It never is what it initially appears to be. Never.

Not the cops fault, but it is often like a Rorschach test. People, even good coppers, see what they WANT to see (well, sometimes criminal defense attorney see what they WANT to see too).

Wait and see what develops.

Actually it is pretty straigthforward (in the specific example of the firearms), if a rifle was in the trunk it was in the trunk. Unless a glock and a sig happened to fall out of a students book bag, then if there were handguns found at the scene (in the school) then it's pretty straightforward. Now it's possible the investigators could be a bunch of clowns I can't attest to that but I know what should have happened. I know our final test for crime scene investigation at CID school was a ***ch but there was no question of what was where right down to three measured reference points with pictures, diagrams, etc. etc. You're right there is always the interpretation that can be clouded but knowing what guns were where should be uncontested at this point.

Top Bottom