• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    At first they said they found a Glock and Sig Sauer pistols in the school and a ".223" rifle in the car.
    Then the medical examiner says all the victims "died from rifle bullets".
    Still haven't heard that they found a "rifle" in the school.:dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Should be pretty easy to know what rounds were used, unless the shooter policed his brass (and then dumped them someplace not visisble).

I doubt incompetence on the part of the media.

Throw enough BS out there and then later pick what you want your story to be.

Then you over estimate the media. I've been on multiple scenes were I later saw a news report about it and said...that's kinda close to what happened but wow are the details wrong.

Keep in mind the media aren't looking at the brass themselves. They are "overhearing" things, getting things second and third hand (investigative officer tells the media affairs officer who tells the chief, etc.)

Journalistic integrity has been replaced by journalistic expediency. In the days of print news, you could take your time, verify sources, basically get things done right and be reasonably sure of your story. CNN, Fox, and the first Gulf War began the end of that way of doing journalism for the masses. Instant Internet news strangled the survivors. Now it's not about who's right, it's about who's first.

Just report SOMETHING so you can be first, then sort the facts out later.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just want to know the truth. SOMEONE knows it. As mentioned, it's a pretty easy fact to sort out, which shell casings are lying around everywhere? It's a pretty easy fact to establish where they found the guns.

Society has decided to talk most about the scariest gun involved. Society especially needs to know this particular fact, whether it was even used.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Then you over estimate the media. I've been on multiple scenes were I later saw a news report about it and said...that's kinda close to what happened but wow are the details wrong.

Keep in mind the media aren't looking at the brass themselves. They are "overhearing" things, getting things second and third hand (investigative officer tells the media affairs officer who tells the chief, etc.)

Journalistic integrity has been replaced by journalistic expediency. In the days of print news, you could take your time, verify sources, basically get things done right and be reasonably sure of your story. CNN, Fox, and the first Gulf War began the end of that way of doing journalism for the masses. Instant Internet news strangled the survivors. Now it's not about who's right, it's about who's first.

Just report SOMETHING so you can be first, then sort the facts out later.

This is so true.

Every time I have had first hand knowledge of an event that wound up in the news, the event I saw on TV was only barely recognizable as what I saw in real life. Usually what they get right, if anything, is superflous details - the substantive content has been 100% wrong every time - sometimes exactly the opposite of what actually happened.

The one that always makes me shake my head is when I was working in a high risk OB unit, we once had three sets of triplets in three days. Of the nine kids and three moms, two of the moms had been critically ill as a direct result of their multiple gestations and six of the babies were in critical condition. The media came to the hospital to cover this, and they came in bound and determined that this was an "Awwww, cute babies!" story. We, and the moms, told them all kinds of things about how sick they'd been, how scary it is to have babies and not know whether they're going to survive. One dad talked about how, at one point, there was a real possibility he was going to wind up with three babies and no wife. Every time the media people encountered anything about how dangerous a high order multiple pregnancy is, you could literally see their eyes glaze over. Their finely-tuned journalistic training was basically an internal editor: they came to the hospital determined that this was a story about cute babies, and their brains were literally unable to register anything that didn't fit that story.

So I'm not the least bit surprised that the media would massively distort what happened at Newton. One of the big news stories of this event is "We Need to Renew the Assault Weapons Ban." Journalism demands that this is the story, and there are a lot of professional journalists out there who will go out and find whatever bits and pieces they need to tell that story in a convincing way.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Every news source I read now says an AR-15 is used. I haven't seen any news websites reporting any changes in what gun was used. If there is a CREDIBLE source that someone finds that says the contrary then please post..... Otherwise I have to believe that is was in fact an AR-15.

EDIT: Other than a YouTube video, where are people getting that there where four handguns and no AR-15?

Last edited:

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If 4 handguns, and no rifle, were used exclusively, this would make the Medical Examiner look like a political pawn in a very big game. Just remember that the sensationalist media will keep changing things while they report this, as they can't keep viewers by saying the same thing 24/7, which is how they are covering this.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even if there was, in fact, no AR-15 involved, there was an AR-15 involved, because the Liberal Mainstream Media and the Obama/Reid/Feinstein/Holder administration require there to be an AR-15 involved, other wise, their AWB push would likely fail even in the Senate. They started F&F in order to get an AWB. They ****ed that one up. This, even if not a false flag operation, is just too perfect a crisis for them to waste due to mere facts.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy

Secrets of the Fed website? Seems legit. :):

It doesn't matter what kind of weapon was used to kill these children. You could have video of Lanza using an AR and tinfoil nutcases will claim video manipulation, mind control, planted casings and a UN plot to disarm America. These are the same people who thing George Bush flew planes into the Twin Towers, the moon landing was faked and the Illuminati control everything.

Funny how the same people who are smart enough to pull off a "false flag" operation like this aren't bright enough not to create an RIP facebook page for one of the victims 4 days before the shooting.

:rolleyes: :):

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow. That is suspicious about the RIP Facebook page. That is about as eerie as the Sandy Hook reference in the Batman movie. I wonder if we'll find more oddities as this unfolds.

The nonconspiracy explanation is that Lanza targeted her and created the page himself...

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Wow. That is suspicious about the RIP Facebook page. That is about as eerie as the Sandy Hook reference in the Batman movie. I wonder if we'll find more oddities as this unfolds.

The nonconspiracy explanation is that Lanza targeted her and created the page himself...

OR

they are both bull**** hoax

Wasnt the long gun found int he car a saiga 12?
    If you watch the video you'll see a red shell ejected and what appears to be a long gun with a Dragunov stock -- i could be tripping balls tho

Top Bottom