• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Same here 365, have issues at work also but the Bodyguard fits nice in the rear pocket and for several years has never been noticed . I carry Liberty civil defense in both, you?
    My issues with work carry is just because of the work I do. Crawling around in tight places, digging holes, installing carpet. None of those things works well with AIWB carry. I am on my own now so I don't have to worry about the boss spotting my EDC.

Back when my kids graduated from college I sported a Smith 642 in thunderwear. Was concerned about searches and all that. Now I don't care. Been thru a few 'searches' while carrying my full sized pistol and spare mag. Most either don't know what they are doing or just don't care.

I am a Gold Dot fan. 124 grain +p. Manageable recoil, doesn't blind me in low light and used by a hell of a lot of LEO over the years with a proven track record.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh my ... a real downer, you are ! I also stated (in a subsequent post), that the magnum revolver was employed in order to get my hands on a rifle. .... which in 90% of my environment (I don't get out much !) ;) ..... is almost instantaneously possible.
    Please ... let's look for the positives in life. You'll be a happier person, R45.
    Positives. Ok, let's see.

Um, I guess it's great against those ferocious Indiana polar bears that like to roam Walmart parking lots.

:):

Factual observations might be a downer for you. And maybe should give you pause on your choice of carry, if you are not joking and you actually carry that thing.

But that doesn't make me the unhappy one.

:)

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Ive carried my Glock 40 out a couple times. Love how flat it shoots and wear it working outside and for the occasional quick trip into town if its on me.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    if you are not joking and you actually carry that thing.
    i have a shoulder holster, a cross-chest holster, and a belt holster (with suspenders) to facilitate carry.
    Admittedly, I don't carry it all the time....I'm multi-talented, ya know ! ;)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been legally deaf for 10 years or so...... there's nothing left to lose ! :)
    I hear you lol. Been legally deaf since 2002. They say what little I do have i should protect. It takes around 116 decibels to let me hear sounds. People talking is me trying to interpret what they just said by sound and their lips moving. I'm 90% wrong it seems unless they are cussing me out lol. You and I need to meet somewhere public so we can yell at each other make people think we're angry. It could be interesting.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I hear you lol. Been legally deaf since 2002. They say what little I do have i should protect. It takes around 116 decibels to let me hear sounds. People talking is me trying to interpret what they just said by sound and their lips moving. I'm 90% wrong it seems unless they are cussing me out lol. You and I need to meet somewhere public so we can yell at each other make people think we're angry. It could be interesting.
    I've actually taken (3) semesters of ASL (American sign language) at the Indiana School for the Deaf. The first thing that they teach is lip-reading.

I have very expensive hearing aids, but unless I can see your lips, they do no good. This makes communication very difficult during this time of people wearing masks !

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've actually taken (3) semesters of ASL (American sign language) at the Indiana School for the Deaf. The first thing that they teach is lip-reading.

I have very expensive hearing aids, but unless I can see your lips, they do no good. This makes communication very difficult during this time of people wearing masks !
    I've told people I can't hear or understand i need to see their lips moving. Most will pull the mask down and talk I've ran into several that don't care so I have them write down what they are saying.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've told people I can't hear or understand i need to see their lips moving. Most will pull the mask down and talk I've ran into several that don't care so I have them write down what they are saying.
    I only make a point of it if it's important. During a recent doctor visit, he pulled his mask down after I brought it to his attention.
    Otherwise, I often just give a friendly wave & nod, and move on. :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I only make a point of it if it's important. During a recent doctor visit, he pulled his mask down after I brought it to his attention.
    Otherwise, I often just give a friendly wave & nod, and move on. :)
    My doctor wears a plastic face shield when I see her she already knows the drill lol. Cincinnati VA can be a pain with certain ones who are scared to death about old veterans giving them Wuhan virus. They will however pull the mask down to communicate. Or we would be in a lot of trouble. Most of the staff know me now so they will just walk up tap me on the shoulder if I'm not paying attention.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Not deaf, but hard of hearing. The masks present a problem for me, but the plexi shields in front of the person while they wear a mask is frustrating. Being at a checkout with that set-up makes me want to lean around the plex, which is a no-no.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This was my carry revolver for about 10 years. It was my edc lol. Back when people didn't go mad on the sight of a firearm.
    20210106_151139.jpg
    20210106_150955.jpg
    It has thousands of full power 44 magnum rds through it. I did have a trigger job done on it. The double action pull was horrible. It's very smooth now. One of best $35 I've every spent. It's put down enough deer to pay for itself many times over just in the meat you get in the freezer. It isn't worth much but I'm attached to it.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Usually I carry a compact but will occasionally carry the Sig 226. Carried 226 today with New Years Eve, especially following the Nashville incident. Carried the 226 during the beginning of the lockdowns and throughout the BLM protest.

Not really practical to conceal a full size in my office environment regularly but I adjust when potential for Orange/Red zones as I anticipate.
    My Spidey senses were triggered this morning and I upsized. Glad I did based on DC festivities. Probably dress different and carry full size for the rest of the week.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    7 Months out of the year I carry a Shield IWB. The other 5 I switch to either a full size M&P or a Sig 2022 OWB. It just depends on the year and the temperature when I make the switch. I prefer the full size but it's just too much to manage in the summer.

Top Bottom