• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looking to make another handgun purchase and I was hoping for some input from fellow ingo'rs....Last year I found one of the once in a blue moon good deals on a used but never fired beretta px4 storm at gander mountain but I'm not holding my breath on finding a deal like that again. I'm on the northside and would like to stay within 30 mins or so of this area. Looking to make my first 1911 purchase if this has any bearing on anyones opinions. Thanks for your input:)
    CJ

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies.

It's slightly more than 30 minutes away, but Plainfield Shooting Supplies would be well worth the drive in my humble opinion. :) :yesway: :twocents:

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    Brian and the guys at Indy Trading Post are pretty good to deal with....seems like alot of people here dont like them but elmores has a huge selection of 1911's usually,i haven't been to bradis for a while but they usually have a few too

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Bradis is it for firearms purchases. They had a decent variety of 1911s when I was there before hunting season(s) called me away.

Other than that, for long guns, a drive to Whittaker's opens one's eyes to the paucity of Central Indiana's options.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    PSS, ITP, and Bradis are my top three local shops. That being said - I've had experiences that have been so-so at all three. I've made purchases @Gander when prices were right, but I usually go there to fondle and gawk, and then take my business to a local shop or online.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I have had good luck at the Indy Trading post, Plainfield shooting supplies and Elmore's. I have made purchases at all three. I have been in Bradis several times. The prices seemed good and the staff I spoke with were knowledgeable. I just haven't had extra money when I've been there. With that said plainfield and Elmores has a bigger selection than Indy Trading post.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    They are not local for me, but I have made the rounds to most of the Indy area shops except a couple of them. Bradis by far impressed me the most. Great staff, nice selection, and fair prices.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I "prefer" Bradis because of its proximity to my home, great salespeople, and an excellent selection. I do know they have a great selection of 1911's. I have heard great reports about TSG and Plainfield Shooting Supply, but I'm not sure about their 1911's on hand. You should give them a call, though.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Whittakers's is by far my favorite shop. Thankfully my in laws live in Evansville which equals about four Whittaker trips per year.

Locally, I like Ludco. I know Fred can be a little crotchety, but he has the best selection around. Period. I have always been able to walk away with what I thought was a fair price and if not I didn't buy it.

Top Bottom