• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    PSS is where I've done most of my gun purchasing in IN.

I've recently been to Bradis and picked up a couple of small items, but was impressed.

Fort Liberty in Avon seems like a good place (been in a few times), but haven't seen anything in there that I was looking for which was not available at PSS.

I'd call PSS and Bradis and check their prices and availability of what you are looking for then head on in.

longshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Fishers
    I like the prices and the selection at Plainfield shooting supplies. If you're looking for a Glock, check out KS&E on east pendleton pike. It's a hole in the wall place, but they have good prices on Glocks....otherwise, the selection there is pretty limited.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I bought a good deal of surplus collector stuff out of Bradis.

I like Wanamaker's quite a bit - they just haven't hit on anything yet that had an urge to jump into my truck.

I used to browse KS&E once in a while. Once upon a time Wyatt's had some really cool surplus arms that I used to browse. In spite of being a bit high on price (and not the least bit negotiable), I bought a couple off of them.

My favorite used to be Rendezvous out in Greenfield before the unfortunate ending of its owner. Always had a great selection of K31's and pulled in call kinds of other cool rifles. I threw a LOT of business his way.

Yeah.... I like surplus. :)

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    IMO, I prefer PSS. Bob takes the time to show what ever you are looking at, even if you are "just window shopping" like I do alot. It is a very personable place, full of information, good prices and fair on trades.

With Bradis, I do like the ability to look at their long guns at my leisure without taking up a salesman's time. It can get crowded, dirty, and they seem to rotate through sales people.

Pop Guns has some pretty "high speed, low drag" equipment in there, plus their indoor range is great. As well, it is layed out nice and very clean.

Fort liberty has potential, but they don't have much. They are very personable.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I never heard of Bradis but I have to look there next time.
    I only went to 500 GUNS in Indy and they didnt have much selection there.
    (I was looking for a Glock 19, not a very special gun at all).

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I like the prices and the selection at Plainfield shooting supplies. If you're looking for a Glock, check out KS&E on east pendleton pike. It's a hole in the wall place, but they have good prices on Glocks....otherwise, the selection there is pretty limited.

ks&e for me as well. if they dont have it they will order it. best prices i have seen!
    bradis also has got a lot of my business over the years as well.

took my girlfriend and mom to shoot at pop's about 3 weeks ago, around 3:30 before afternoon rush. was the best experiece i have ever had there! maybe its just the time of day when you get treated bad?

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    The shop up in Sheridan is a drive but he is LEO friendly and a good talk. Might be more than 30mins. Plainfield would get my first vote in Indy and then Elmores.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    I typically shop at Abernathy's in Connersville IN (also biased as we are friends ;-).

For something a little closer to Indy, had good luck at Elmore's in Greenwood .... granted the website hase been hijacked and is infected plus the store air is at times heavy from smoke ... but nice handguns, in particular 1911s.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I know what I want, I call around and Bradis usually has the best price. I've bought a couple things from Elmores also. Got a hell of a deal on a new HK USP compact 45 a while back from Russ.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I shop at Bradis a lot, PSS a bunch and Elmore's once in a while. PSS seems to have the best prices and it's a tie between PSS and Bradis for good experiences. Both can be crowded at times but there's a reason for that. Elmore's is the best 1911 shop around and they can have great prices from time to time.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Living on the Indiana and Michigan line, I've found that Farr & Sons in Niles Michigan give the best deals and they are certified gun smiths on all your firearms. Talk with Steve or Bob for your firearm needs. Bob is one of the best gun smiths I've found in my area. Most of the other gun stores will send there gun problems to Farr & Sons for repairs. Just 15 minutes from South Bend too the shop which is just north of the Niles airport. They also service all your Bow hunting needs and repairs.

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    I have to second Darrels Custom Firearms great sellection of 1911s. btw he has alot on the back room ,his prices are hard to beat,and he is very knowledgable on the 1911s ive been going there for years. Im in there 4-5 times a week . I dont know what you have in mind but i just bought a new Kimber there $150 cheaper than Budsgunshop.com

Top Bottom