Which chain restaurant has the worst food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never ate at one after their pizza quality fell through the basement floor.
    I only order the wings for takeout. Now, they're not as good as my wings on the grill, but they're better than most other wing places by far.

The biggest problem with their pizza is that they put all the toppings on top of the cheese, so all the veggies are like leather.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Dominoes probably tops my list of worst chain restaurants. It’s just not good at all, I’d much rather eat a totinos party pizza than anything dominoes has.

Like others have said, pretty much any fast food place can suck if it’s poorly managed.

The steak and shake in Clarksville was, years ago, the absolute best fast food you could get, last time we went there it was a dump and we turned around and walked out, haven’t been back in years.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dominoes probably tops my list of worst chain restaurants. It’s just not good at all, I’d much rather eat a totinos party pizza than anything dominoes has.

Like others have said, pretty much any fast food place can suck if it’s poorly managed.

The steak and shake in Clarksville was, years ago, the absolute best fast food you could get, last time we went there it was a dump and we turned around and walked out, haven’t been back in years.
    Domino's got good for awhile when they changed to their garlic crust. I only stopped ordering from them when they couldn't guarantee delivery due to being short staffed. There were a few times when I'd place an order for delivery on their website only to have them call me and tell me that I would have to pick it up myself.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Jack in the Box was my and Mrs’ teenage go-to, but haven’t been to one in decades.
    Last winter we took the kids to the one on West Side of Indy, and it was so bad, kids asked to never go again to any JITB.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    White Castle. Just driving by makes me want to hurl. Put me on Naked and Afraid and offer me a slider after 21 days and I'll go find a grub worm to eat.

Burger King. Used to love me a Whopper, but I haven't been a BK in the last 10 years that wasn't a dump. Pretty sure they only hire convicted felons and sex offenders.

Steak and Shake. Their burgers were good and had great shakes, but they have fallen in the last 5 years. They are all a dump now.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Difficult to pick just One from these-a Lot of them are Horrible.
    Worst 5(in No particular order): IHOP, Panda Express, Jack In the Box, Fazoli's & White Castle
    Don't know about Some, including Starbucks "food"
    Never been in a Starbucks-I Refuse to buy a $10 cup of Coffee from Libtards.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Over the years I've found that there is more variation from place to place than anything. Some McDonald's I've been in, I turned around and left, others I sent an e-mail to their home office describing how impressed I was with the place.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Of that list, the only one I'd go out of my way to eat at is Whataburger. It's the only chain I've eaten at in the past twenty years or so where the tomato on the burger tastes like tomato. The further you get from Texas, the less likely to get a good one, though. I *guess* maybe supply lines get longer? Dunno. The Hatch green chili burger is pretty good. I've started recreating them at home though.

They have a good biscuits & gravy as well.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I traveled for a living, I started out eatingt at small mom & pop places whenever I could. Too many times I ended with stomach issues and even going to the ER with food poisoning. Nothing is quite like having to catch 3 flights in 3 days with diarrhea. Now you cannot even carry your bottle of Kaopectate on the plane. I ended up eating fast food, hated it and gained weight.

Same with food trucks, in construction I ate that roach coach garbage way too many times. My neighborhood has a "Food truck night" every week. I see mom's lining up to feed that crap food to their husbands and kids. I guess it is no worse than fast food.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never liked Fazoli's
    I have never eaten pasta with a red sauce that was 1 percentage point better than I could get at home, from super expensive down to Fazolis, so I never eat spaghetti or the related "out". But that's me. I know people who like it.

But we sure have a bunch of hi-falutin, hoity toitys here. Pretty much all of those places exist all over the place for a pretty good reason.

But I'll take Portillos as my go-to where it's available.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have never eaten pasta with a red sauce that was 1 percentage point better than I could get at home, from super expensive down to Fazolis, so I never eat spaghetti or the related "out". But that's me. I know people who like it.

But we sure have a bunch of hi-falutin, hoity toitys here. Pretty much all of those places exist all over the place for a pretty good reason.

But I'll take Portillos as my go-to where it's available.
    There used to be a restaurant in Jeffersonville called Jerrys, I think it was a chain, I know there was at least one other Jerrys in the area back in the 70s and 80s, but anyway, their spaghetti and meat sauce was out of this world good! It was better than even homemade.

That was the only place I would even consider buying a spaghetti dinner at a restaurant.

Top Bottom