Which chain restaurant has the worst food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have never eaten pasta with a red sauce that was 1 percentage point better than I could get at home, from super expensive down to Fazolis, so I never eat spaghetti or the related "out". But that's me. I know people who like it.

But we sure have a bunch of hi-falutin, hoity toitys here. Pretty much all of those places exist all over the place for a pretty good reason.

But I'll take Portillos as my go-to where it's available.
    Portillos is good, but they have a terminology problem.
    I stopped today and got a "Italian sausage combo with a pepsi" meaning I wanted a sausage, fries, and a drink. He asked "what size?" and I said small.

I pulled away from the window and went to scrape some of my hot peppers back into the bag (to cut down on the heartburn) and noticed I had no fries. So I parked and went back in and asked "dont your combos come with fries anymore?" The kid gave me a weird look and said they did and I said I was shorted. No fries in the bag. He was cool and apologetic and even gave me a large fry for my trouble in place of my small.

I get out and unwrap the sausage to finish my task and noticed there was also italian beef in the bun. :facepalm: . Apparently to them a "combo" is a sausage with beef added, not a sausage with fries and a drink. SMH

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    There used to be a restaurant in Jeffersonville called Jerrys, I think it was a chain, I know there was at least one other Jerrys in the area back in the 70s and 80s, but anyway, their spaghetti and meat sauce was out of this world good! It was better than even homemade.

That was the only place I would even consider buying a spaghetti dinner at a restaurant.

There was a Jerry's somewhere on I75 in KY that was amazing.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I also do not like fazoli's. I especially do not like Olive Garden. Golden Corral has an especially alarming cleanliness problem at many of their locations just an FYI. I DO like the local china buffet near me they typically do a pretty good job.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I stopped today and got a "Italian sausage combo with a pepsi" meaning I wanted a sausage, fries, and a drink. He asked "what size?" and I said small.

I pulled away from the window and went to scrape some of my hot peppers back into the bag (to cut down on the heartburn) and noticed I had no fries. So I parked and went back in and asked "dont your combos come with fries anymore?" The kid gave me a weird look and said they did and I said I was shorted. No fries in the bag. He was cool and apologetic and even gave me a large fry for my trouble in place of my small.

I get out and unwrap the sausage to finish my task and noticed there was also italian beef in the bun. :facepalm: . Apparently to them a "combo" is a sausage with beef added, not a sausage with fries and a drink. SMH
    I haven't been to Portillos and probably won't go. Even the good reviews make it sound like somewhere I wouldn't want to eat. I've heard it's very noisy inside. I've looked at their menu and there really isn't anything I want. I was hoping it would be good when I found out it was coming down here, but nope. Not for me anyhow.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I also do not like fazoli's. I especially do not like Olive Garden. Golden Corral has an especially alarming cleanliness problem at many of their locations just an FYI. I DO like the local china buffet near me they typically do a pretty good job.

I completely agree with you and can also assure you that the Golden Corral in Bedford is not at all like the other ones. It is truly superior.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Several restaurants my way, an Italian Sausage combo is an Italian sausage with Italian beef, peppers and sauce. If you want just an Italian sausage you order just an Italian sausage. No combo at the end

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There was a Jerry's somewhere on I75 in KY that was amazing.
    Yeah I sorta remember that now that you mentioned it. Like around richmond, maybe Berea.

I forgot about the one that was in Clarksville too, it was at I65 and 31. For whatever reason, we always went to the one in Jeffersonville when I was a kid, but I remember going to the one in Clarksville a few times with my ex wife in the early 90s. I think the one in Jeffersonville burned down a few years back.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The steak and shake in Clarksville was, years ago, the absolute best fast food you could get, last time we went there it was a dump and we turned around and walked out, haven’t been back in years.
    Very true. They fell, and they fell hard.
    Aw man! Last time I was in the one in Clarksville was in 1997 (flew into Louisville on leave from Iceland.) It was GOOD! Hate to see all the places that were good, are no longer good.

Taco Bell is not food.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Yeah I sorta remember that now that you mentioned it. Like around richmond, maybe Berea.

I forgot about the one that was in Clarksville too, it was at I65 and 31. For whatever reason, we always went to the one in Jeffersonville when I was a kid, but I remember going to the one in Clarksville a few times with my ex wife in the early 90s. I think the one in Jeffersonville burned down a few years back.

I think they turned that Jerry's in Clarksville into a Mexican place... it was called "Blue Iguana" last I looked.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I completely agree with you and can also assure you that the Golden Corral in Bedford is not at all like the other ones. It is truly superior.
    Duly noted. I do roll through Bedford once in a while and that might make it worth a stop. Thanks for the info.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Aw man! Last time I was in the one in Clarksville was in 1997 (flew into Louisville on leave from Iceland.) It was GOOD! Hate to see all the places that were good, are no longer good.

Taco Bell is not food.
    The place sorta declined when it moved to its current location, it used to be a mile or so further down 31. It was still good after the move, but not like it was at the original location. Back in the early 80s, the steak and shake was the big cruising place for Clarksville people, and the food was fantastic.

The new location was good for a while, now it’s dirty and ghetto, and I’ve heard they have hardly any staff there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah! It’s not bad, we’ve been there a few times, but I like el nopal or chuys better.
    Ever wonder why, no matter which Mexican restaurant you go to, they all have the exact same decor? I mean the booth benches especially. All have the same carvings/paintings that look like they were outsourced to a kindergarten or grade school class. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The place sorta declined when it moved to its current location, it used to be a mile or so further down 31. It was still good after the move, but not like it was at the original location. Back in the early 80s, the steak and shake was the big cruising place for Clarksville people, and the food was fantastic.

The new location was good for a while, now it’s dirty and ghetto, and I’ve heard they have hardly any staff there.
    Steak 'n Shake was a cruising destination up here too (along with White Castle) back in the late 70's and early 80's. I used to like their burgers, but the last time I went to one, they had downsized their already small burgers so that when they were "smashed" (their trademark method), you could almost see through them. :n00b:

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

I was at the Clarksville steak and shake with a group of 12 people from our church around 2 or 3 years ago. They had been closed for a while due to some issues with the building. All of us had terrible food poisoning. Never again.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

It's been that way for decades. Like Kaufman said an Italian Sausage Combo is pretty popular up here, I'm not a fan of them.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Ever wonder why, no matter which Mexican restaurant you go to, they all have the exact same decor? I mean the booth benches especially. All have the same carvings/paintings that look like they were outsourced to a kindergarten or grade school class. :):
    That’s true. There are a couple of mexican places we like around here, and the main thing I like about them is that cheesy decor! It’s all kinda got a 70s vibe, no matter which one you go to.

Top Bottom