Which chain restaurant has the worst food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I liked Jimmy Johns food, but the first time I went there I was ordering my food and noticed that they were talking a lot to Miss Daisy in front of me. I figured she was just explaining her order to them. So after we eat, and leave Miss Daisy says she never wants to go back there again and I ask why... she said that she was trying to give her order and they had insulted her. If I had known about it in the store I may have ended up on the news.
    What did they say to her??

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow. Don't know what they are serving that's $100 for 2 people. I rarely drop more then $30 at Cracker Barrel for me and the wife.

Even Longhorn Steakhouse, where I've never had a bad filet mignon, is way less than $100 for 2 people.
    It was crazy. I couldn’t not think that how a restaurant like that with prices like that could survive in Martinsville Indiana. It was some kind of whiskey and steak night. Sounded good til we sat down and looked at the menu. I mean, really, $30 pours of bourbon? And no, it wasn’t Pappy Van Winkle.

If their regular menu prices are more reasonable, I’ll never know cuz we won’t be going back.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The only fast food I eat is Taco Bell maybe a couple times a year, and DQ ice cream.

The others I wil skip.

Edit: Forgot that sometimes I will get the red beans and rice when the family gets Popeyes.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Since this has taken a turn from the worst to who likes what I'll put in my :twocents:
    Wife and I traveled all 48 lower states on motorcycles and tried to sample the foods of the different regions but always looked for BBQ and Pizza during our travels.
    We have lived in southern Indiana for almost 15 years now. We ran or helped run matches at Silver Creek Conservation Club for years and spent a lot of time in the Clarksville and New Albany, Jeffersonville area and usually ate out after working at the club. Several times a month we would eat in the area.
    We don't usually do fast food unless that is all that is available.
    Some of are favorites in the area are:

Bubba's 33 - everything we have had there is good and the Bacon Burgers are really good. Great wings and Shrimp. They have a Shotgun Sauce that they put on wings that I would buy by the Quart if they would sell it to me to use at home.

Five Guys - Burgers are good and the fries are really good being fresh cut and cooked in peanut oil. They have milkshakes also and while they are nothing special they do have add in's you can get. One of those is BACON and it took me a couple of visits to try one but now we go there just for desert. They have really crispy bacon and mixed in the milkshake it is really, really good. Yep a BACON milkshake.

Longhorn Steakhouse - Outlaw Ribeye is outstanding and while I'm not a big mac and cheese guy they have the best Mac and Cheese I have ever had.

Senor Iguanas - We have ate there several times and while we haven't tried a lot of their menu I always get the Seafood Nachos and they are excellent.
    Use to eat at Chuy's before covid hit and they went to a very basic menu and now they have went to a new menu that doesn't have some of our favorites that we used to get. Best chips and salsa ever and the creamy jalapeño dip is a favorite.

Storming Crab - Has some really good seafood. Love their Crab legs.

BBQ
    Marks Feed Store in new Albany - Best ribs I have found in the area and one of the BEST Briskets I have had anywhere.
    They have a fantastic Lemon Pepper Fish that pisses me off as I hate going to a really good BBQ place and then wanting fish instead of BBQ.
    One of our regular places along with Bubba's.

Pizza - While there are some good Pizza places in the area none have been THE PIZZA place.
    We did find a Pizza place the is amazing and has THE BEST PIZZA we have ever had and it is in Madison. We had Pizza in Chicago and New York and all over the country and nothing comes close to this place. The owner is a chef and makes all his sauces and most everything else and everything is fresh and the menu has 24 or 25 different Pizzas on it and several more that are not on the menu plus build your own. His Cheese blends are amazing(try the cheesy bread appetizer). Worth the trip. Watch their limited hours if thinking about trying it. His wife makes some fantastic desserts also with some people coming there to get desserts to go.
    The place is called Brittney's Brick Oven Pizza or BBOPS for short.

Honorable mention goes to Indy Wings in Jeffersonville. Place doesn't look like much but really good wings.
    Popeye's chicken sandwich is also a good fast food sandwich.

Wife and I enjoy eating out and while it is getting more expensive so is eating at home as the grocery bills have also doubled in the last couple of years. We moved to Madison last fall and they have plenty of good places to eat but we try to stick with the local owned places most of the time but sometimes a DQ Blizzard is required and a New Culver's is coming this fall so Concrete Mixers will also be required. :rockwoot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Since this has taken a turn from the worst to who likes what I'll put in my :twocents:
    Wife and I traveled all 48 lower states on motorcycles and tried to sample the foods of the different regions but always looked for BBQ and Pizza during our travels.
    We have lived in southern Indiana for almost 15 years now. We ran or helped run matches at Silver Creek Conservation Club for years and spent a lot of time in the Clarksville and New Albany, Jeffersonville area and usually ate out after working at the club. Several times a month we would eat in the area.

Bubba's 33 - everything we have had there is good and the Bacon Burgers are really good. Great wings and Shrimp. They have a Shotgun Sauce that they put on wings that I would buy by the Quart if they would sell it to me to use at home.

Five Guys - Burgers are good and the fries are really good being fresh cut and cooked in peanut oil. They have milkshakes also and while they are nothing special they do have add in's you can get. One of those is BACON and it took me a couple of visits to try one but now we go there just for desert. They have really crispy bacon and mixed in the milkshake it is really, really good. Yep a BACON milkshake.

Longhorn Steakhouse - Outlaw Ribeye is outstanding and while I'm not a big mac and cheese guy they have the best Mac and Cheese I have ever had.

Senor Iguanas - We have ate there several times and while we haven't tried a lot of their menu I always get the Seafood Nachos and they are excellent.
    Use to eat at Chuy's before covid hit and they went to a very basic menu and now they have went to a new menu that doesn't have some of our favorites that we used to get. Best chips and salsa ever and the creamy jalapeño dip is a favorite.

BBQ
    Marks Feed Store in new Albany - Best ribs I have found in the area and one of the BEST Briskets I have had anywhere.
    They have a fantastic Lemon Pepper Fish that pisses me off as I hate going to a really good BBQ place and then wanting fish instead of BBQ.

Pizza - While there are some good Pizza places in the area none have been THE PIZZA place.
    We did find a Pizza place the is amazing and has THE BEST PIZZA we have ever had and it is in Madison. We had Pizza in Chicago and New York and all over the country and nothing comes close to this place. The owner is a chef and makes all his sauces and most everything else and everything is fresh and the menu has 24 or 25 different Pizzas on it and several more that are not on the menu plus build your own. His Cheese blends are amazing(try the cheesy bread appetizer). Worth the trip. Watch their limited hours if thinking about trying it. His wife makes some fantastic desserts also with some people coming there to get desserts to go.

Honorable mention goes to Indy Wings in Jeffersonville. Place doesn't look like much but really good wings.

Wife and I enjoy eating out and while it is getting more expensive so is eating at home as the grocery bills have also doubled in the last couple of years. We moved to Madison last fall and they have plenty of good places to eat but we try to stick with the local owned places most of the time but sometimes a DQ Blizzard is required and a New Culver's is coming this fall so Concrete Mixers will also be required. :rockwoot:
    Oh man, that pizza place does look good! This one reminds me of one that Jockamo's used to have (I don't think they do anymore). They called it the Po' Boy and you could get it with either shrimp or crawfish.

Schnabel Wobble
    Named after my great friend and NOLA resident, Greg Schnabel. This New Orleans inspired pie has shrimp, bacon, andouille sausage, red and green onions. Instead of a red sauce, we use Susan's slightly spicy etouffee sauce.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh man, that pizza place does look good! This one reminds me of one that Jockamo's used to have (I don't think they do anymore). They called it the Po' Boy and you could get it with either shrimp or crawfish.

Schnabel Wobble
    Named after my great friend and NOLA resident, Greg Schnabel. This New Orleans inspired pie has shrimp, bacon, andouille sausage, red and green onions. Instead of a red sauce, we use Susan's slightly spicy etouffee sauce.
    I'm just a Po' Boy. I can't afford to eat out. :(

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Schnabel Wobble
    That is one of our favorites. The etouffee sauce is great and shrimp on Pizza who knew. The owner says it is one of the top ordered pizzas.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is one of our favorites. The etouffee sauce is great and shrimp on Pizza who knew. The owner says it is one of the top ordered pizzas.
    I guess Jockamo does have something similar, just not their Po' Boy.

CREOLE
    Mama Roux's creamy etouffee sauce, cajun sausage, green pepper, roma tomato, your choice of chicken or shrimp, gouda, finished with Mama's own Cajun spice mix.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    We got a culvers here in Jasper a few months ago so I thought I would give it a shot. I had their ruben the first time, because it is the best sammich in the world, and it was pretty good for a fast food ruben. Next time I went with the mushroom and swiss, because that is the best burger in the world, and talk about greasy... It almost made me sick to finish the burger. I now know why they call them butter burgers, there is more butter than burger.

I most likely will never go to one again, but if I do I will stick to the ruben and frozen custard which was pretty good.
    We stopped there a couple weeks ago with my mom. I was not impressed. Been a few other Culver's and those were good. I had the cod and thought it tasted like it marinated in oil over night. Very, very greasy. Not to mention that parking lot, wonder if they could have made the spots any smaller, and I don't drive a big ol brodozer.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    White Castle. Just driving by makes me want to hurl. Put me on Naked and Afraid and offer me a slider after 21 days and I'll go find a grub worm to eat.

Burger King. Used to love me a Whopper, but I haven't been a BK in the last 10 years that wasn't a dump. Pretty sure they only hire convicted felons and sex offenders.

Steak and Shake. Their burgers were good and had great shakes, but they have fallen in the last 5 years. They are all a dump now.
    Sliders are ambrosia of the gods! Give me a half dozen and a sack of rings and I'm in hog heaven.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I guess Jockamo does have something similar, just not their Po' Boy.

CREOLE
    Mama Roux's creamy etouffee sauce, cajun sausage, green pepper, roma tomato, your choice of chicken or shrimp, gouda, finished with Mama's own Cajun spice mix.
    That sounds like it’d be good with pineapple on it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That sounds like it’d be good with pineapple on it.
    iu

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

BBQ

Next time you’re in the downtown Jeffersonville area, there’s a place on spring Street called “The Town”, they have the best pizza I’ve found around here. It’s a thin, crispy crust and it’s just amazing.

Place can be hard to find if you aren’t looking, it’s near the corner of spring and chestnut, a couple of blocks before you get to the river.

Top Bottom