• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Where can someone like me find some basic handgun training? What would that cost me? And since I'm a minor will that prohibit me from being able to get training even with my dad present?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You meet age requirements for NRA already so you should be fine there. NRA curriculum is typically regarded as the base level of knowledge. A lot of it you probably already have so you might think about personal offerings from instructors.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Where can someone like me find some basic handgun training? What would that cost me? And since I'm a minor will that prohibit me from being able to get training even with my dad present?

Our Pistol Basics I is 23 MARCH 2013 near Terre Haute:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...277505-pistol_basics_1_23mar.html#post3938581

Our Pistol Basics II is 30 MARCH 2013 near Terre Haute:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ning/277600-pistol_basics_ii.html#post3939391

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Im sure that all the instructors on this board will educate you very well. Speaking from recent personal experience, Coach will give you every dollars worth and then some. Well worth it!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Good for you investigating training, but now you've got to follow through and take some classes. It's too easy to put it off until "some day". Lots of choices here so pick a path and go.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Good for you investigating training, but now you've got to follow through and take some classes. It's too easy to put it off until "some day". Lots of choices here so pick a path and go.

I will be following through once I can get more money and have my dad come with me. I'll be turning 18 in 9 months so there's no better time to get some good training before getting my LTCH.

Now I hear some guys here make someone with a brand new looking gun throw it on the ground. Who are they? Not that it'll affect my choices since my future carry gun is dedicated to service not safe queen status and I like "beauty marks". Already have a few on my 2012 made 92FS.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    +1 for Fortress Defense

Great instruction from Great Instructors. They offer a range of course from novice to advanced. Including handgun, Rifle, Medical, Force on Force, etc

Cost is very reasonable for the training you receive.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I will be following through once I can get more money and have my dad come with me. I'll be turning 18 in 9 months so there's no better time to get some good training before getting my LTCH.

Now I hear some guys here make someone with a brand new looking gun throw it on the ground. Who are they? Not that it'll affect my choices since my future carry gun is dedicated to service not safe queen status and I like "beauty marks". Already have a few on my 2012 made 92FS.

Good choice. Any gun I own for potential defensive purposes gets the **** beat out of them. Get the new rubbed off of them out of the box and you won't be prone to babying it.

Top Bottom