• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I'm with you! I'm in Bburg and all the new houses and warehouses going up is crazy. I don't mind growth but the infrastructure in the Burg doesn't seem to be up to the task of handling it all. Unfortunately I probably have another 5-7 years before I can think about moving. Personally I wouldn't mind the hills of Tennessee. Nice scenery and still a change of seasons but the cold doesn't last quite as long.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The Ozarks (Missouri) are a beautiful part of the country. The weather is very similar to Indiana but the winters are not as bitter cold. We have vacationed there every June for the last 10 years and it has some very pretty country. It is also a red state politically and a 2A friendly state as well.
    Hadn't thought of there. Wife would enjoy the water, I'd enjoy the hills.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I would suggest a desert area like somewhere in Utah maybe. Tennessee got way too humid for me in the summertime, and the locals lost their minds when the strange white stuff fell out of the sky. Plus Nashville and Memphis is so blue they can't stand it. Knoxville and even Chattanooga was nice but still too humid for me. Last winter here in northeastern Indiana was extremely mild as opposed to the winter I move to TN in 06.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've always been amazed by how much of the state is rolling hills and forest.
    This is I-44 headed to Tulsa. Biggest valley I've ever seen.
    View attachment 306015
    I've been down that road a few times. We have been in all 50 US states, and I've always come back to Indiana. But I think it's time for something different. Southern Utah is nice, but the housing boom going on in the St George area is just exploding the market there.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I've been down that road a few times. We have been in all 50 US states, and I've always come back to Indiana. But I think it's time for something different. Southern Utah is nice, but the housing boom going on in the St George area is just exploding the market there.
    I was thinking Utah because I have giged there many times and the weather was always somewhat nice. Never got a since of the local politics because everything was about Mormons lol

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I really think southern Indiana offers what you’re looking for. Rolling hills rural good politics amazing views. Milder winters. Maybe I’m way off base.
    No. I get mild winters now, but the lack of actual sun kills me. Those cold cloudy icky days that drag on for weeks. I need someplace that has more sun. Winter is OK as long as you're not wrapped in a gray blanket of clouds for 3 months.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    No. I get mild winters now, but the lack of actual sun kills me. Those cold cloudy icky days that drag on for weeks. I need someplace that has more sun. Winter is OK as long as you're not wrapped in a gray blanket of clouds for 3 months.
    Lol sounds like you need to take a vacation during your winter retirement months.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Just offering another take on the situation. Get a place in the middle (mild not humid) have enough left over out of the $450k for a snowbird vacation month to get your dose of sunshine
    That budget still allows us to travel as we do now. And I can tell you one month will not be enough. I've had enough of our winters to last a lifetime.

Sadly my luck is I'll be stuck here because we won't be able to sell our house.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Some places I've been to and are keeping an eye on first the same reasons.

Mesquite, NV
    St George, UT
    Chattanooga, TN
    Lake Hartwell - GA / SC border

Top Bottom