Where do you meet up when selling a firearm??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I usually meet in the parking lot of my local law enforcement. Have met at McDonald's a few time. But always in a public place during daylight hours. Never go to anyone's house or let them come to mine.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, the FFL paperwork is just so I can sleep better at night? And, then, I gather that the reason folks exchange i.d.s and document the deal is in case something goes down where the gun's owner could be scrutinized, the seller can show that the gun is not his anymore? (Sorry for the newbee questions. If there's a dark corner in this site where this stuff is spelled out, please direct me.)
    Yeah, you pretty much got it.

newgunguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    delaware county
    I have used a parking lot at McDonalds, Walmart, Bob Evans, Golden Corral, and Lowes. I always meet in what I consider to be a good part of town, during daylight hours, and I always take a friend for back up. Plan ahead so you can park in a location where the security video is working, too. It helps to talk a bit in advance to the buyer. Learn enough about him to have confidence in him. Check out his INGO rating as a seller/buyer, and read through his posts. If anything makes you think twice, cancel the deal or arrange to meet in an LGS where you have made arrangements with the owner to serve as FFL. The FFL fee is well worth the extra security.

great advice, Cracker Barrel comes to mind too, not that I have ever sold a firearm :):

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    in front of a Donut Shot, preferably Tim's in McCordsville, for some reason I always feel safe by a donut store… :):

I see what you did there...

I've met at a Kohl's parking lot before, by coincidence there was a cop car parked across the lot from the transaction so there was no funny business. Also, as mentioned earlier, Cracker Barrel is nice...the wife and I had breakfast, then I went out to the parking lot to sell a couple long guns. No issues so far with any INGO transaction though.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    If I'm not really wanting to have a buyer come to my house, where could I go if I was selling a handgun?

I'm planning on selling a Walther PPS through the forums here when I get my 50 posts in but I'm wondering where I'd even do this at???
    Usually the nearest public place which happens to be a parking lot. Not right near where everyone is at nor too far from the main flow of people in case somebody gets stupid at least there will be other witnesses.

Do not sell a firearm anywhere that they are illegal to have on the property. I figure this is common sense, but still should be said since sense is not common. Also parking lots of businesses or buildings that forbid "weapons" should be avoided if possible so as to avoid trouble with the business or police.

Don't meet in the "hood."

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I have always thought it was fair to meet half way.

This is something that should be stated in the ad, and discussed in the negotiations. Sometimes people want something right now and don't have the patience to wait, so they should get the joy of driving if they can't wait until a more convenient time for the seller. This also goes for someone who is super anxious to sell an item.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If you suspect the seller is dealing in stolen goods why are you dealing with them?

Jarts...I loved Jarts...and no one got hurt.

My older brother threw a lawn Jart at me after I whooped his butt in a game like 21 to 3. I can still see the Lawn Jart doing a wobble flight pattern towards me until it landed in my forearm that I stuck out in front of me for protection. I was 9 and he was 12

I started yelling "Mom" and running towards the door he tackled me begging me not to tell the Warden (aka our Mom) I gave in due to the brotherly love I have for him and the fact that I made him agree to give me his football, baseball glove and do my chores for a week.

Ah the good ole days :boxing::boxing: with my three brothers.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I usually meet in the parking lot of my local law enforcement. Have met at McDonald's a few time. But always in a public place during daylight hours. Never go to anyone's house or let them come to mine.

We all know where you live Slider.... and by the way try to close the blinds a little tighter from now on. Cover that stuff up man have some decency bro. :shady:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I usually have a meet setup at Walgreens parking lot and let them know that I will need to pick of my very large shipment of Prozak. I have to have antidepressants to get through the day. Well thats at least what one of my shrinks said at my weekly meetings. "I heard voices make the voices stop" "MAKE THEM STOOOPPPPP.

Top Bottom