• ...and so much more!
  • Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I saw it this morning in the New Castle McDonald's. I don't bother strangers when I'm out and about. I don't comment on other people carrying a gun. However, I really wanted to say something this morning. An older gentleman was carrying a 1911 of some sort. He was carrying it in a leather IWB holster that was clipped between his pants and his belt. The belt he was wearing was very obviously not a gun belt. The worst part was that he was using a cane and his cane was in his right hand. His gun was on his right side. It appeared he relied heavily on his cane to walk. I wanted to ask him how he planned on drawing his gun quickly if he ever needed it. I didn't say anything, though.
    He was probably doing the best that his physical limitations allow. He needs his strong hand to support himself with the cane while walking. If has had a stroke his left hand may not be strong enough to hold a cane or accurately fire a handgun.

WizardHeir

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2022
    Indianapolis
    It's been a few months, but I saw a teacher from my daughters former preschool open carrying at our community rec soccer fields. I know he isn't allowed to carry at the school, but it made me happy to know that kind of man was working at her school.

She now goes to a different school (moved into first grade) and I hope there are others like him!

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The other day at a Kroger's, evening shopping. Two different guys. One guy with what looked like a 'we the people 'holster, not sure of the gun, but a compact. He gets an A. One skinny guy that looked to have a glock with a an extended mag tucked in his waistband, way too noticeable. Something he'd easily snag on his shopping cart. He gets a D.

WizardHeir

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2022
    Indianapolis
    On the bus for my daughter's field trip and saw a man helping a lady air up her tires at a gas station. Was wearing a high vis green shirt and open carrying on his hip.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well that was new.

Young skinny guy. Well dressed in slacks and a button up shirt. Appendix carrying some non Glock Tactical tupperware. Maybe an XD with an extended (+2?) mag?

I think this is is the first time Ive ever seen somebody OCing in appendix.

Camby Walmart, of course.

Oh and he had earbuds in and had his nose buried in his phone. :facepalm:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A tale of two dudes...

This past/recent weekend. First trip in to the fairly new Greenwood Trading Post store (literally across SR 135 from where Elmore's used to be).

One of the "help" that was in there. OC'ing in front of his strong side hip. Without a gun belt. Fobus holster. I do know what gun he had - but that matters not. What matters was that there wasn't a gun belt involved. Odd position for sure.

So, owner of GTP, if you read this, please help get that young man squared away.

Also - another employee. Was 100% off body carrying in her purse. She was holding on to that bag as if her life depended upon it. It was unusual - which is why I noticed.

That said - I hope that shop survives. Not much inventory right now. Some unfortunate mall-ninja knives.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    at a gas station in Cloverdale this morning. guy with a large revolver and ornate leather holster fit for a cowboy action scene on his hip.

couldn't tell what it was. I hurried out of there because the town wasn't big enough for the two of us.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    A tale of two dudes...

This past/recent weekend. First trip in to the fairly new Greenwood Trading Post store (literally across SR 135 from where Elmore's used to be).

One of the "help" that was in there. OC'ing in front of his strong side hip. Without a gun belt. Fobus holster. I do know what gun he had - but that matters not. What matters was that there wasn't a gun belt involved. Odd position for sure.

So, owner of GTP, if you read this, please help get that young man squared away.

Also - another employee. Was 100% off body carrying in her purse. She was holding on to that bag as if her life depended upon it. It was unusual - which is why I noticed.

That said - I hope that shop survives. Not much inventory right now. Some unfortunate mall-ninja knives.

That’s right by my house. What all do they have in there? I have been meaning to stop, just haven’t had the time yet

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A tale of two dudes...

What's odd about carrying in front of the strong side hip? I carry at 2 o'clock - 2:30 because I find it comfortable and have no issues drawing from that position. 3 o'clock is less comfortable and the gun/holster constantly bangs into stuff. 4 or 5 o'clock is uncomfortable when sitting. To each their own as long as they train with the weapon in whatever position they carry in... :dunno:

That said, carry without a belt? :facepalm:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That’s right by my house. What all do they have in there? I have been meaning to stop, just haven’t had the time yet
    Not much...yet. They do/did have a nice HK pistol and a small handful of mags. Pre P30 pistol, can't remember the variant.

What's odd about carrying in front of the strong side hip? I carry at 2 o'clock - 2:30 because I find it comfortable and have no issues drawing from that position. 3 o'clock is less comfortable and the gun/holster constantly bangs into stuff. 4 or 5 o'clock is uncomfortable when sitting. To each their own as long as they train with the weapon in whatever position they carry in... :dunno:

That said, carry without a belt? :facepalm:

He *had* a belt on. It most certainly was not a gun belt at all.

And that particular carry location is just odd for OWB carry. Odd for IWB carry, too.

Either way - poorly regulated.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not much...yet. They do/did have a nice HK pistol and a small handful of mags. Pre P30 pistol, can't remember the variant.

He *had* a belt on. It most certainly was not a gun belt at all.

And that particular carry location is just odd for OWB carry. Odd for IWB carry, too.

Either way - poorly regulated.

For OWB, the gun is easier to control than if it's behind you. Pertinent if retention isn't used.

Top Bottom