• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Jackson county fair. Someone carrying a generic compact Glock with factory fix sights in a grey Kydex holster. Second guy with an FN of some sort, possibly a 509 left side in black Kydex and the obligatory dude with a stainless compact with an external hammer in either a floppy Uncle Mike's nylon rig or a flip flop. And of course myself.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I've seen OC a few times recently at the Bloomington Walmart. In each case, casual dress and the OC gentleman just going about his business grocery shopping. Being Bloomington, I'm surprised the antis weren't falling down and screaming to Walmart management.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've seen OC a few times recently at the Bloomington Walmart. In each case, casual dress and the OC gentleman just going about his business grocery shopping. Being Bloomington, I'm surprised the antis weren't falling down and screaming to Walmart management.
    My guess is in Bloomington most leftists despise Walmart.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Woohoo, I found the right thread... :n00b:

I'm normally the last guy to see OC. I've for years and years looked at things differerently, not sorting out who or how anyone might be carrying. I assume everyone is carrying a weapon and watch for movements and other indicators that telegraph potential problems.

All that said, I seen a gent OCing in Btown tonight, going into a restaurant. Thing is, the guy was OCing what looked like a really small pistol? Maybe it was the bulky for size light brown leather holster that really stood out from the darker cloths and belt the guy was wearing? I'm not sure, but the gun looked really small. .380? Tiny 9? :dunno:

We walked past each other going opposite directions, so there was no intense ogling to be done. I just wonder if the gent was packing enough gun to take care of the wife and kids that were with him?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Saw a guy open carrying a 1911 today.

Noticed him first on my front porch this morning with a cup of coffee. Then saw him at a grocery store. Saw him again late morning at a farm equipment store. Saw him at a gas station mid afternoon. Saw him this evening sitting in a chair reading a book. Saw him later this evening back on the porch with a bourbon and a cigar.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yesterday at Kroger. Guy said it was a .32 ACP in a leather holster. He and his wife were in their 80s. He said he bought it for his wife but she couldn't work the slide so he got her a .38 revolver.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Saw about a dozen at the 1500 today but I didn't see any 1911's on lanyards (darn).
    The first thing I do with a new 1911A1 is remove the lanyard loop.

I once slammed home a mil spec mag and hit a bone on one and was sore for a month.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Two yesterday, which is a bit unusual.
    One guy at the grocery store, had a Sig 238 it looked like.
    The other guy at supper time in a local eatery. Couldn't tell what type, he had already walked by when I looked up, and I only saw the rear of a dark colored pistol. The holster looked rather flimsy.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I saw it this morning in the New Castle McDonald's. I don't bother strangers when I'm out and about. I don't comment on other people carrying a gun. However, I really wanted to say something this morning. An older gentleman was carrying a 1911 of some sort. He was carrying it in a leather IWB holster that was clipped between his pants and his belt. The belt he was wearing was very obviously not a gun belt. The worst part was that he was using a cane and his cane was in his right hand. His gun was on his right side. It appeared he relied heavily on his cane to walk. I wanted to ask him how he planned on drawing his gun quickly if he ever needed it. I didn't say anything, though.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I saw it this morning in the New Castle McDonald's. I don't bother strangers when I'm out and about. I don't comment on other people carrying a gun. However, I really wanted to say something this morning. An older gentleman was carrying a 1911 of some sort. He was carrying it in a leather IWB holster that was clipped between his pants and his belt. The belt he was wearing was very obviously not a gun belt. The worst part was that he was using a cane and his cane was in his right hand. His gun was on his right side. It appeared he relied heavily on his cane to walk. I wanted to ask him how he planned on drawing his gun quickly if he ever needed it. I didn't say anything, though.
    Saw an elderly gentleman with a suppot dog and a large frame revolver walking in the park

Top Bottom