• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Okay. I did not "see" OC.
    But, Saturday I was with a group finishing up placing flags at veteran's graves, and a man and woman asked me a question about why they had relatives that never got flags.
    Answer was, because there was ZERO markings on the stone indicating military service.

That was followed by the guy telling me he told the woman (wife/girlfriend/acquaintance?) he would ask me, and she said, "Better be careful, he has a gun".
    But they both smiled, and then followed up with "Thanks for carrying" and then we had a small discussion on the recent change to the need to have a LTCH, and that if shooting starts, DON'T stand behind or near the shooter, because return fire might miss.

Positive experience, just has most have been.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sitting in the shop waiting on a car. Young lady brings her car in and takes a seat. Few minutes later she jumps up like she just remembered something, goes up to the counter, and sheepishly informs the serviceperson that she left a firearm on the passenger floorboard so please be careful.

Said nothing, but I assure you the Mexican garage on the east side of Indy is very well acquainted with firearms, miss. :):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Older biker-looking guy at my garage sale yesterday had the barrel of an M&P stuck in his front pocket. I asked why no holster, and he said he didn't need it. I said it's safer for everyone if you use one, and he said he knew what he was doing. I wasn't going to change his mind, so we moved on to other gun chitchat for a minute. Then he bought a bunch of stuff from me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Older biker-looking guy at my garage sale yesterday had the barrel of an M&P stuck in his front pocket. I asked why no holster, and he said he didn't need it. I said it's safer for everyone if you use one, and he said he knew what he was doing. I wasn't going to change his mind, so we moved on to other gun chitchat for a minute. Then he bought a bunch of stuff from me.

People that "know what they are doing", often DON'T.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Was at Happy Days (formerly Edwards Drive-in) for lunch after church Sunday, and the line to the cash register had become rather long which put a plain clothes officer's weapon about 3 feet away from the table I was at. Noticed the gun 1st, then saw his badge just forward of his Glock...

Only got a brief glimpse of his badge, and I'm wondering what department/branch he was part of - badge was round w/5 or 6 point star, and what appeared to be either a white '+' or cross in the center. Chaplain maybe?

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Sitting in the shop waiting on a car. Young lady brings her car in and takes a seat. Few minutes later she jumps up like she just remembered something, goes up to the counter, and sheepishly informs the serviceperson that she left a firearm on the passenger floorboard so please be careful.

Said nothing, but I assure you the Mexican garage on the east side of Indy is very well acquainted with firearms, miss. :):
    Just East of Arlington, in Irvington? :shady:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    and sheepishly informs the serviceperson that she left a firearm on the passenger floorboard so please be careful.

Older biker-looking guy at my garage sale yesterday had the barrel of an M&P stuck in his front pocket. I asked why no holster, and he said he didn't need it. I said it's safer for everyone if you use one, and he said he knew what he was doing.
    :facepalm:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yesterday, July 1 at Rural King in Frankfort, which is not uncommon at all but this cat had a full size 1911 with very nice grips in a loosely hanging leather holster on his left side at 9 o’clock, butt forward, in a cross draw setup.
    Just never quite seen that before.

ETA no blood in the street or aisles.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yesterday at Rise and Shine at Thompson and Arlington on the SE side of Indy. Was meeting friends for breakfast a bit before 8am and as a buddy of mine was getting into the booth, I saw a gentleman leaving who was open carrying. Too distracted to notice what kind of a gun it was, but noticed the black holster. Always happy to see OC.

Top Bottom