• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ok now we are to the point where people are saying pot is a gateway drug.....absurd....too many people in this world smoke pot like some people drink, and they manage to be good people and work all the while without killing people. Not gonna say it aint bad for ya though. And to just assume because some kid is smoking pot is because he is looking for something is wrong too. Maybe he just likes to get high, just like I like to get a buzz from drinking a few beers. matter of fact Im going to Lonestar now to get a steak and a bucket of beer. Go figure I am just some drunk loser.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Ok now we are to the point where people are saying pot is a gateway drug.....absurd....too many people in this world smoke pot like some people drink, and they manage to be good people and work all the while without killing people. Not gonna say it aint bad for ya though. And to just assume because some kid is smoking pot is because he is looking for something is wrong too. Maybe he just likes to get high, just like I like to get a buzz from drinking a few beers. matter of fact Im going to Lonestar now to get a steak and a bucket of beer. Go figure I am just some drunk loser.

If you feel that way fill out a ButtHurt form.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I am 36 and never smoked pot. I cant fathom a 12 year old having access to weed much less smoking it.

At 12 I was hunting and fishing with my family.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am 36 and never smoked pot. I cant fathom a 12 year old having access to weed much less smoking it.

I understand, but many of us have have different roads in life. At 12, I was running away from gangs, trying to get to school. I made it every day and smoking pot is the only thing I can say that I did. Now, compare me to most of my friends and you would say I deserved a citizen of the year award.

I admire anyone who can say they had a childhood like yours. I can't say that I was doing things with my parents back then, but my children will not have the same testimony.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    IBTL

This is a topic that has been discussed before. People are going to get (*) and the thread will be closed. I called it first.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I understand, but many of us have have different roads in life. At 12, I was running away from gangs, trying to get to school. I made it every day and smoking pot is the only thing I can say that I did. Now, compare me to most of my friends and you would say I deserved a citizen of the year award.

I admire anyone who can say they had a childhood like yours. I can't say that I was doing things with my parents back then, but my children will not have the same testimony.

It had nothing to do with me, my dad and mom were the ones responsible for that. I was just along for the ride.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It had nothing to do with me, my dad and mom were the ones responsible for that. I was just along for the ride.

Yeah, I get it. I think that's the point of this entire thread. If a parent spends time this his children, it is less likely he will turn to pot. However, even if that kid does, after the parent has done all he can to teach and provide a better example, that is only the child's fault, but not the parent's.

By the way, I believe I had wonderful parents. They may not have done some things, but they never spent one day at the jail to pick me up; one dime on a lawyer to get me off, one day at the hospital, or grave site. That goes for all six of us that they raised.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If you feel that way fill out a ButtHurt form.

OK. Had my beer quota for the day. BUTTHURT FORM? WTF? So, yes maybe this thread should be shut down. To the folks that have never done anything wrong, CONGRATS. Kids do not turn to pot because there is something wrong in their life necessarily, sometimes its because it's just there and kids will do what kids will do,......imagine that. Are people that foolish that they think they can raise their kids to do exactly the right thing? My parents did the right thing and I did stupid stuff anyway and then I grew up and realized what was right and what was wrong. (actually knew right from wrong, didnt care) Life isnt always rainbows and butterflies, nor will it ever be. Hope that if your kids do stupid stuff they realize at some point it is just that, stupid.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I think one problem with pot is the people you end up around, or ARE around to obtain it, smoke it and party with it.

Not to mention the inevitable loss of motivation.
    Not to mention the inevitable on to harder stuff.
    Not to mention it becomes a God, just like alcohol, or nicotine or anything you program your mind and body to want out of habit.
    Not to mention the harm to the body.
    Not to mention the legality.
    Not to mention the social impact.
    Not to mention the fact that if you get caught with it in your system on the job, you are labeled, or sent to a rehab or just plain fired.
    Not to mention drug tests are administered in many employers protocols--- and most of those pay very well.

I know, I smoked it for years, then I smoked meth, crank, did some cocaine. You don't stop. You end up in dead end social circles, broken down cars, broken homes or with no place to go at all. I've been there, done that too.

@ the original poster: Get your kid out of his social circles, out of that school and talk to him. spend some non judgmental time with him and find out why he is seeking out that kind of release from social, emotional or physical stress. Perhaps the rap culture has finally convinced him to remain stupid and just 'stay high til' ya die'....
    FIND OUT by being his friend and then be his dad and companion.
    Don't run him off, he is searching for something.
    Right now you don't want to be a judge, just an ear and a very concerned party.

hope this helps, it's what I wanted my concerned parent(s) to do for me. LOVE is a good start.
    '
    You have had some quality posts and I respect you on this board, but most of the stuff you said there is just plain bull****.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Kids do not turn to pot because there is something wrong in their life necessarily, sometimes its because it's just there and kids will do what kids will do,......imagine that. Are people that foolish that they think they can raise their kids to do exactly the right thing? My parents did the right thing and I did stupid stuff anyway and then I grew up and realized what was right and what was wrong. (actually knew right from wrong, didnt care) Life isnt always rainbows and butterflies, nor will it ever be. Hope that if your kids do stupid stuff they realize at some point it is just that, stupid.

Perfectly stated.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

So was I. Hunting, fishing, listening to Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Cash, Bocephus...there is a good ol' boy element to anything that comes out of the ground. Guess what? We can all skin a buck. We can all run a trotline. How about you revenuers run on up 1550 back to town and leave us alone?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    If I caught one of my kids smoking dope I would probably be going to jail. I would be making them wish they were never born!! End of story!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If I caught one of my kids smoking dope I would probably be going to jail. I would be making them wish they were never born!! End of story!

Did god make a mistake? Did He, through The Creation, create a plant that when consumed, made your offspring never wish they would have been born due to the reaction you pursue knowing they had consumed God's work?

In addition, you have hinted in other threads that you may be a law enforcer. Would you really punish your children so bad a Brother in Blue would have to arrest you and process you through the criminal justice system?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    '
    You have had some quality posts and I respect you on this board, but most of the stuff you said there is just plain bull****.

Which parts? I'm interested to know your opinion. I'm also interested to know why you so vehemently attack anything that says pot is not good. I detect a smoker.
    If you are that is fine, no big deal.
    Don't b defensive about it. That is just my experience that I posted about.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    I have two neighbors , ones about 55-60 ex used car salesman , the other is about 45-47 clerk at a shipping company . Both of them are chronic pot smokers ( no pun intended ) . I really hate it when either stop by my house when they see me outside . Neither one of them can hold an intelligent conversation . Their attention span is non exsistant .
    I just explain my my youngest that if he wants to grow up to be like either of them just go ahead and start smoking pot or if wants to get kicked out off the football team . He thinks both are retards ,and that was before he found out about their little secret .
    Me I don't care either way , but just try explaining to your wife and kids why you just lost your $60,000+ @ year job becaused you pissed dirty at work after you get hurt.
    We just try to raise our kids to operate inside the law .
    Everytime I see two of the neighborhood kids , somewhere inbetween 14 -17 years old, they are both higher than a bus load of hippies, but I look at their parents who are kinda of nutty/crunchy/fruity kind of folks ,and I understand why their kids are the way they are........

KIDS LEARN BY EXAMPLE :twocents:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    R
    I have two neighbors , ones about 55-60 ex used car salesman , the other is about 45-47 clerk at a shipping company . Both of them are chronic pot smokers ( no pun intended ) . I really hate it when either stop by my house when they see me outside . Neither one of them can hold an intelligent conversation . Their attention span is non exsistant .
    I just explain my my youngest that if he wants to grow up to be like either of them just go ahead and start smoking pot or if wants to get kicked out off the football team . He thinks both are retards ,and that was before he found out about their little secret .
    Me I don't care either way , but just try explaining to your wife and kids why you just lost your $60,000+ @ year job becaused you pissed dirty at work after you get hurt.
    We just try to raise our kids to operate inside the law .
    Everytime I see two of the neighborhood kids , somewhere inbetween 14 -17 years old, they are both higher than a bus load of hippies, but I look at their parents who are kinda of nutty/crunchy/fruity kind of folks ,and I understand why their kids are the way they are........

KIDS LEARN BY EXAMPLE :twocents:

The inevitable will happen and the frying will take its toll. I agree

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Okie-Dokie, boys and girls....my opinion, nothing more, and I must be honest in saying I cannot believe what I'm reading from some of you here, as I have expected more from the cooler heads that should prevail.

Who is without some sin ? ? Cast that stone , then, and be sure to save some for yourselves.

Kids can and have been raised with the BEST of circumstances and have become murderers or thieves, or ( gasp) lawyers. A fate worse than mere pot-smoking, IMHO.

Kids have also been raised in the most extremely deplorable conditions on the planet, with the most God-awful parents and parenting , and have persevered and become wonderfully productive members of this society we call home, our planet Earth.

The most we can strive for is to bring our kids up to love, that is n in the end, all we can ask of them, for IF we have done our jobs, they will find the spot they should be in, and strive to be the best at life they can possibly be.....we back up, and back off, and watch them grow and branch out into this experience called Life, with our teachings in their collection of tools to choose from, some tools they will reject and replace with their own, they will use these tools at their discretion, not ours, IF WE HAVE DONE OUR JOBS....

One of my kids has stepped up to Life and took a great big heaping spoon-full...the other, not as much....and the one that did with vigor, is NOT the one I would have placed my money on.....not by a long-shot....sooooooo....

You never know what the future of holds for your off-spring , nor what they may do with those tools at hand, so wake up, your kid is not , more than likely, going to be what you may have planned, and there is little you can do about it, it's in Gods' Hands, not yours, just do your best....and pray a lot.

I am out........yikes....:cool:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ... Entheogen's and Marijuana have gave me a look at the universe I never would have imagined without the substances...

Wasting your breath maaaaan... I've actually met Timothy Leary for real and had a conversation with him.

Top Bottom