• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Someday I need to scare up some leather and a belt for these pieces of Indiana history, probably need something like a Sam Browne rig to spread the weight to the opposite shoulder.

Good call Leadeye...Just because no T Rex bones have ever been found in Indiana doesn't mean they are not around....I have a couple of silver bullets for my .357 magnum...You know...Just in case...:)

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I found & ordered a leather holster for my Uberti 1873 Cattlemen. I'm now looking for a ammo belt (.22WMR). Pics coming!

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Wow. I hope this turns into a never ending thread. You guys have some fine looking rigs. :drool:

PS An old timer like me can only stand looking at so much plastic. This stuff is real eye candy.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    main.php

made by a long time friend of mine, GP100, belt and a sheath for one of my favorite knives.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Awesomely appropriate setting for that picture. :yesway:

I now have some leather for my wheel guns but don't have any pictures yet. You have set the bar pretty high. :bow:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked up this old Clark shoulder holster for the Colt, I liked the fern pattern in the leather.

Don't have very many nice knives, thought the bourbon added a good touch.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Picked up this old Clark shoulder holster for the Colt, I liked the fern pattern in the leather.

Don't have very many nice knives, thought the bourbon added a good touch.

I am into old holsters and have never seen that fern pattern leadeye...That is very, very, very cool.....In really good shape...Do you have a date range on the holster??? That kind of work isn't cheap and you rarely see that kind of carving on a shoulder holster...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am into old holsters and have never seen that fern pattern leadeye...That is very, very, very cool.....In really good shape...Do you have a date range on the holster??? That kind of work isn't cheap and you rarely see that kind of carving on a shoulder holster...

Had another one with oak leaves to go with it, must have belonged to a cop at one time. Guy I bought it from is pretty good at ID on this stuff, he said really old. Clark leather made holsters and before that they made saddles and horse leather. They were bought out by Bucheimer at some point in time and these were made before that. He did say that in their time the Clark brand was the premier western lawman's shoulder holster, prized by cops and private detectives. I like stuff with a historical story, who knows who wore these and when.

Top Bottom