• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Did you tell the story behind that .22 at the bottom in another thread, something about a gentleman in Texas passing away and his son selling it to the shop you bought it from?

LOL...Close...Farmer in Austin Indiana but everything else is spot on...

I love that gun...Sometimes I dance for it...:)

[video=youtube;-KyUmAOtGa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KyUmAOtGa0[/video]

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    451 always a good job with his gun pictures, I need to scare up some better props than an old towel.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    This thread is awesome.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      95.8 KB · Views: 10

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    1860 grip frame????
    Wow, good eye!

From their website:
    The EMF Great Western II is made by Pietta's Italian craftsmen in Brescia, a region famous for making guns since before the Revolutionary War. Alessandro Pietta, SASS Life #41531 took a page out of history books and reintroduced the 1873, paired with the 1860 Army grip frame. He added a competition trigger that is wider and set back, allowing for a larger finger in the trigger guard. When you first pick up the "Alchimista", your initial reaction is, "WOW! What a nice feel!" The 1860 grip is longer and slimmer than the traditional 1873 Single Action Army grip. While not quite the 90 degree angle of the Bisley model Colts, it points better and more naturally than the revolvers with the standard 1873 grip.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Here is mine, baby rhino S&W 296 in a Lobo leather enhanced pancake. 21 OZ fully loaded of 44 special fun. (3 OZ lighter than my fully loaded 9MM shield)

image_zpst4mwgt2p.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsw8ohskus.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsshccwlkh.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• image_zpst4mwgt2p.jpeg
      image_zpst4mwgt2p.jpeg
      159.2 KB · Views: 5
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    My first wheel gun was a 22LR. I still enjoy punching holes in paper. It is great shooter.
    Then I picked up a Chiappa Rhino at a show.
    It had the smoothest trigger pull for a stock gun.
    It took some time to find a dealer.
    After shooting the 4 inch barrel. I had to get the 5 inch. I was going to sell off the 4 inch.
    Then after enjoying shooting both.

I never thought again about selling it.

Biggest problem, I can not find a holster that fits the wide barrel / rail.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Gun Leather

El cheapo Daltech Force holster, made in Fremont, Indiana, with metal belt clip removed successfully holding a 4" Smith & Wesson Model 66. I've worn this every day for more than 4 years. It works for me.

Attachments

• Me--31Jul14.jpg
      Me--31Jul14.jpg
      332.8 KB · Views: 74
    Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Also how does one get some stag grips like those.

soul_for_satan.jpg

Just kidding...It's not that bad...

I try to pick them up used and gun shows...If I were getting some new stag grips I would look at some of the Elk Stag Grips some makers are doing out west...A buddy of mine goes down to Feeder's Supply here in town and roots through the Elk and Moose stag they sell for dogs to chew on...You may have to go through the bin quite a bot to find some suitable and with enough horn to work with...He made me a set of J frame stags that turned out great from pet store stag...

Funny thing he rooted through the selection for about an hour before he picked out some suitable for grip stag...The girl at the check out counter was watching him and when he finally brought his selection up to pay she said, "Wow....That must be one picky dog...Can he tell the difference?" He said, "Smith is not as picky as Colt but they can both be kind of snooty when it comes to their antler..."

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I just picked up some Elk stag grips from Grashorns Gunworks LLC, www.grashornsgunworks.com. I ordered off the website, Patrick contacted me and sent a picture of the grips he had available for my model (8 sets) and offered to custom make me others if I didn't see what I wanted. I had the grips in hand just a couple days after I decided on one of group which ranged from smooth white to heavy bark and color.

Top Bottom