• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very nice. My Victory will do the Aguila, but as you said they're a bit "sticky", where it shines with most everything else I've tried. Federal Automatch is my go to ammo, as it works extremely well and is pretty inexpensive. Browning, Geco and Armscor all run great as well. Only thing I didn't much care for was the bulk Remington stuff, which was dirty as hell, had more that didn't fire and had burning particles of crap that would come flying out and land on my hands. One box of 525 rounds of that is the only box I'll ever purchase, no matter how cheap. Horrid stuff.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Very nice. My Victory will do the Aguila, but as you said they're a bit "sticky", where it shines with most everything else I've tried. Federal Automatch is my go to ammo, as it works extremely well and is pretty inexpensive. Browning, Geco and Armscor all run great as well. Only thing I didn't much care for was the bulk Remington stuff, which was dirty as hell, had more that didn't fire and had burning particles of crap that would come flying out and land on my hands. One box of 525 rounds of that is the only box I'll ever purchase, no matter how cheap. Horrid stuff.

So where do you buy your bulk ammo and how much did the Federal Automatch cost if you don’t mind me asking. Personally I think my sweet spot is 5000 rnds as that seems based only on the one time I’ve done it to make it easier to afford and no worries about needing anymore for a good couple of months. I fire about 300 rnds per range trip and I’ve been going about once a week. The upcoming couple of months may make this a bit hard to do. Here again I’m a cheapie as I’ve been only going to an outdoor range where the cost to shoot is fairly inexpensive when compared to indoor ranges. I’d rather use the money saved for guns and ammo.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    OK, after reading (nearly) every post in this thread.... not sure I should even post this. That's because most (not all) of you 9mm and 45ACP pistol lovers will likely scoff and laugh. But that's OK too.

As soon as I can find an owner who will let his go (or maybe in an auction or 'estate' sale).... I want a 1970's era nickel-plated Hawes Silver City Marshall single-action six-gun in either .45LC or .22LR.... whichever I happen to find available first, in excellent condition. These were made by JP Sauer & Sohn, Germany. Certainly not something you would 'carry' and I am no Cowboy Action shooter. It would be simply for the local range and for "gazing at" when the snow flies. Over the last few years, I have found TWO only, for sale... both at Collectors Firearms in TX.... but passed on both, due to the ridiculous asking prices.

Never heard of one? Google it.... I think you'll be impressed. Maybe.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So where do you buy your bulk ammo and how much did the Federal Automatch cost if you don’t mind me asking. Personally I think my sweet spot is 5000 rnds as that seems based only on the one time I’ve done it to make it easier to afford and no worries about needing anymore for a good couple of months. I fire about 300 rnds per range trip and I’ve been going about once a week. The upcoming couple of months may make this a bit hard to do. Here again I’m a cheapie as I’ve been only going to an outdoor range where the cost to shoot is fairly inexpensive when compared to indoor ranges. I’d rather use the money saved for guns and ammo.

I go back and forth between TargetSportsUSA and SGAmmo to buy my bulk ammo. I think the Federal automatch is sold by the 3250 round "case" and is ~$180 for that amount. Not as inexpensive as the 5k rounds of Aguila you've bought, but they seem to run better in the gun to me. I'd like to try Federal Champion sometime as TargetSportsUSA has 5k for ~$240, which seems pretty amazing to me :yesway:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A shockwave, that counts right?

I bought one about a month ago. I really like it. The grip seems like it would a brutal to hold on to, but it's not. Shooting slugs are a bit rough on the hands, but manageable. It's a great home defense shotgun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Since I posted in here last, I've bought 2 S&W Victory .22's, 2 Canik TP9sf Elites and a G23 gen 3. Didn't see any of those purchases before they happened.... :):

There are guns that I plan to buy and then there are the one's that actually make it into my safe. I don't know why I seem to stray from the plan so often... Oh wait, something shiny is in front of me. TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT, I SAY!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a 55th birthday coming up in the spring and am trying to decide what go reward myself with for not stepping on one of life's landmines yet. I'm thinking of either a DW Valor in 10mm or maybe an honest to goodness Luger. I've wanted one of those since I was a kid. Don't know why I haven't grabbed one yet.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    A couple of weeks ago I found the one I'd been looking for a long time. A Smith Wesson 27 4" with TT, TH, TG in mint condition with display case and all papers. Now I have to decide on the next Smith Wesson revolver.

Top Bottom