• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Pink for me, is a way so I don't have to share my hunting stuff with an otherwise all male household (I'm outnumbered 3 to 1) My guys will NOT touch any of my pink stuff.............no more lost gloves, arrows, etc.

It wasn't too long ago a former Miss America contestant shot a intruder with her pink gun, so they must be functional to some degree. :yesway:

Pink is a brilliant marketing plan, though I think my favorite color would be emerald green.......but somehow I am sure it'd be "borrowed" at some point.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've gotta ask, what's with the pink guns? I assume they sell, because they make 'em. But one would think there would be firearms targeting (no pun intended) women with more, *ahem*, mature taste. I can understand some people might go for the kitschy Hello Kitty look, but why are the gun makers stuck between the "normal" market and the 14-year-old schoolgirl market? Are women stuck between choosing a "normal" gun if they are serious shooters, or choosing a pink gun if they want to make the firearm less intimidating, or to make a statement on the range?

I am too afraid to ask these questions in person out of sheer politeness. (Somehow it feels like asking do you prefer bras that unclasp in the front or in the back?)

Da Bing, curious as hell, ladies

It's not just pink guns. I saw an ER nurse who sports a green LCP.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Although, I wouldn't buy a pink firearm for myself. however, to me a black hand gun is just rather boring. I like the stainless with black etc. And that is why I went used vs new on my first gun. New, all they had was solid black.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I keep wanting to buy a gun for the lady, but when I ask her what kind all she says is a purple one....

I'd tell her that you both will find what she likes and fits her well and then you can have it refinished in whatever color purple she wants.

The RIGHT gun plus $150 for a "paint" job is much better than just buying a cute pink gun.;)

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if any of these pink guns donate to a cause. Also I wouldnt mind a pink gun my self. My compound bow is going to be pink camo as it happens that a woman bow fits and it looks cooler than "straight camo". Personally I would rather have a pink or off color gun than the black and silver.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I wonder if any of these pink guns donate to a cause. Also I wouldnt mind a pink gun my self. My compound bow is going to be pink camo as it happens that a woman bow fits and it looks cooler than "straight camo". Personally I would rather have a pink or off color gun than the black and silver.

I read awhile back that somebody, Im inclined to say it was ruger, was making a specialty pink gun with a white ribbon for breast cancer awareness. They were allegedly going to donate a large portion of the proceeds to a b.c. fund (something similar to the Susan G. Komen fund).

Never heard if any donations had been made.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I suppose my problem is that I don't understand OD green either, or for that matter, "tacticool." There isn't much that can compare to the natural beauty of a nicely finished cherry or teak, or to the intricate engravings of those museum-quality guns. Plastic doesn't feel as nice, and artificial colors lack the richness of God-made grains. I dislike the feel of synthetic or plastic materials on a gun, and while tactical items are obviously suited for the military, to me they put up with ugliness for practicality. Most of us civilians have no use for guns in this style except when we want to experience in small ways what it might be like to be a soldier. But some people like that, I suppose, just as some women like pink. But if the guys are playing soldier (like we have been since the age of 5), what are the pink-gun-wielding women playing?

Glad you're getting a wood stock for your AR. Now you can hit someone on the head with the butt of your rifle without worrying about breaking. More mass, too.

Da Bing

Ohhhhh, you shouldn't have gone there.....I've seen Auntiebellum shoot, and she's a Rifleman as well as IIT, possible full Instructor, I'm not sure on that count. At this point, I suggest you duck, run in a zigazg formation, as fast as you can away from that last comment. Besides, bullets fly faster than feet anyday! <evil grin> "I" sure wouldn't want to mess with her, and she's a FRIEND of mine!
    7th Stepper

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I have a Charter Arms Pink Lady .38. I didn't plan to get a pink gun, but i had nothing against them, i think i liked them because our annoying neighbor was the first one to tell me about them and he made fun of them. Plus, hubby won't want to take it for his own! I just happened to spot one someone had traded in while at the local gun shop looking at guns with hubby. I asked about it, made an offer and it was mine. I have always liked .38s, I'm not accurate from very far with this one, but that's not it's intent. I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I didn't pay much for it, and probably wouldn't get much out of it, either.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I have a Charter Arms Pink Lady .38. I didn't plan to get a pink gun, but i had nothing against them, i think i liked them because our annoying neighbor was the first one to tell me about them and he made fun of them. Plus, hubby won't want to take it for his own! I just happened to spot one someone had traded in while at the local gun shop looking at guns with hubby. I asked about it, made an offer and it was mine. I have always liked .38s, I'm not accurate from very far with this one, but that's not it's intent. I doubt I'll ever get rid of it. I didn't pay much for it, and probably wouldn't get much out of it, either.

I wouldnt be opposed to having a pink gun, as long as I could get it cheap. I would probably spent the 50 or 100 to have it repainted, or get it for a HD weapon for a gf or something.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    bersa does a pink one for cancer ...dont know of a purple gun...id just get her to seetle for stainless with purple grips....you are gonna take a bath if you ever decide sell that gun because not many people want a purple gun unless you are hunting barney or prince

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I would take this to the range any day just to screw with my friends.
    hk-gun.jpg

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I went to a gun show today, and i did see a really fugly pink gun. It looked like a toy, cheap and cheesy. i guess i would have bought it if it was cheap enough.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I have seen them from versa for breast cancer but I don't like them...it is kind of a dumb investment...will have to sell to a woman who wants your specific gun in pink...or to a weird dude who likes pink and your gun....that just sounds bad....I would say go stainless, black but stay away from colors cause it might limit your resale options if u want to trade, sell, upgrade, etc...

Top Bottom