• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Folks that carry those badges probably eat lots of Cracker Jacks..... trying to get the "Junior G Man" ring to accessorize the badge. :rolleyes:

Have you SEEN the prizes in Cracker Jack in the last ten years? They're not like when we were kids, that's for sure. When my daughter opens a box, I have to explain to her that the prizes didn't always suck.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Have you SEEN the prizes in Cracker Jack in the last ten years? They're not like when we were kids, that's for sure. When my daughter opens a box, I have to explain to her that the prizes didn't always suck.

That^. Couple years ago I bought 32 boxes for my kid's class party...
    In every single one, the "prize" was a strip of paper with a lame joke on it.
    No more "diamond rings", no more whistles, no more any good junk!
    A lame-0 joke on a strip of paper. Woo.Hoo.:rolleyes:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Don't%20Worry,%20Sir,%20I'm%20from%20the%20Internet.preview.jpg

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Arent those like $50 at Dons. Saw them when I went to see what all the buzz was about at Dons and havent been back since. If I remember you have to take their class too and use their guns and their ammo etc

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Those things are embarrassing just to look at! I can understand the Loss Prevention badges and other items--makes your companies' security folk look more professional. But, seriously, people actually BUY the CCW badges? What do they DO with them? Certainly not wear them. Right? How embarrassing.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    They are a problem waiting to arise!

Several situations have been reported that involved a CCW "badge" holder has been charged with impersonating an officer.
    Could you post those cases, please? As there would be an arrest record, charge, court case, and disposition, there would obviously be public record of it. I'd be interested in seeing the final disposition of those cases. Thanks!

It is my understanding that MOST LE's do NOT like them.
    MOST cops, depending on the State or area do NOT like citizens carrying weapons at all, let alone those that OC. Would you allow that to prevent YOU from legally carrying a weapon (OC or CC)?

The thinking is, what? The cop WON'T harrass / intimidate you (both crimes btw, whether cop doing it or not) if you're openly carrying a gun but WILL harrass / intimidate you if you're openly carrying a gun AND a CCW badge?

The thinking here is VERY confusing for me, as the thought process involved appears to be... without thought.

Please explain and elaborate. I'd be VERY interested in hearing the fuzz-logic perpetrated by this topic.

Thanks again!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i dont understand why anyone would want one? it is not a LTCH, the pink piece of paper is. if someone wants to waste their money on one then they can, but they better not complain if it causes them a hassle. if the state wanted us to have a badge then that is what they would have issued us.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    i dont understand why anyone would want one? it is not a LTCH, the pink piece of paper is. if someone wants to waste their money on one then they can, but they better not complain if it causes them a hassle. if the state wanted us to have a badge then that is what they would have issued us.
    I agree, John.

By the SAME token, cops are also issued ID's, and it's THAT piece of paper / card that's the actual identification and authority. The badge is NOT, the badge simply being a symbol of that ID.

I guess that's actually, then, the same thing with those who choose to carry a CCW badge. The badge is simply a quickly recognizable symbol of that authority, the authority being provided in the ID.

As I said earlier, I simply think it should be up to the individual whether they choose to carry a CCW badge or not, just as it is whether they choose to carry open or concealed.

THEIR choice, and I don't think any of us are entitled to harrass them about it any more than we are their choice to carry in the first place.

Just my thoughts.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    If you want to wear a CCW badge, go right ahead. You'll look like a tool, IMO - especially since there is no CCW permit in Indiana.

Most people that wear them look like wannabe cops. Just don't go there.

Also, this thread is 3 months old.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I agree, John.

By the SAME token, cops are also issued ID's, and it's THAT piece of paper / card that's the actual identification and authority. The badge is NOT, the badge simply being a symbol of that ID.

I guess that's actually, then, the same thing with those who choose to carry a CCW badge. The badge is simply a quickly recognizable symbol of that authority, the authority being provided in the ID.

As I said earlier, I simply think it should be up to the individual whether they choose to carry a CCW badge or not, just as it is whether they choose to carry open or concealed.

THEIR choice, and I don't think any of us are entitled to harrass them about it any more than we are their choice to carry in the first place.

Just my thoughts.

And it will be my choice to giggle hysterically at anyone that I see wearing one of those badges.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I will try to restart the discussion. The original question was "What is the purpose of the concealed carry badges"?

There is no purpose. The pink piece of paper is your license to carry whether it be concealed or open.

A lot of people made fun of the badges. I agree. Yes, there is no law that says only cops get badges. Anyone that wants to can wear a badge. A badge is just a piece of jewelry without some underlying legal authority. Cops wear badges as part of their uniforms.

A person who wants to wear a badge that says that they can conceal carry in my opinion is being dumb because the LTCH is what gives them that ability, not the badge.

In the same line of thought: a badge is just a piece of jewelry. I could have a badge made up that said I have a LTCH or one that says I have a license to drive. For that matter I could have a big golden crown made up that says I paid my taxes last year. True, there is no law against wearing a big golden crown that says I paid my taxes, but it looks dumb.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom