• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    toss-up for me....has to be my 15 inch 30-06 pistol with the muzzle brake or the 2 inch snubbie in 45 Long Colt with full house rounds...

Revolverteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    There's just volume loud, and then there's sharp frequency loud. My .44 cap and ball is loud, but doesn't really hurt my ears even without hearing protection (which I usually wear). Same with my 7.62x51, same with my 7.62x39, same with my 7.62x54, same with my .50 cal percussion rifle, and same with my .45 acp and 9x19mm.

But the one gun that is maybe not necessarily the loudest in volume, but really BITES my eardrums bad with its piercing frequency of loudness (if not wearing hearing protection) is my 7.62x25 Tokarev pistol. That is such a sharp bark every time I shoot it. It actually hurts my ears and makes them ring for a while as bad as firing a .357 magnum without hearing protection.

Purvis1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    I once fired my .54 TC Renegade (that I may have overloaded) and it made my eyeballs wiggle.:D

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    similar

I have Remington 600 in .243win, and it is by far the loudest gun I've ever owned. I guess it's just because of it's short barrel, but it puts out a tremendous boom. It's louder than friends .308, .22-250s, ARs, AKs, etc.
    So whats your loudest gun?

I have a browning a-bolt in .243win that is extremely loud with some of my own loads with the barnes varmint grenades. Have to admit, it kind of caught me off guard.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Shotgun: Leffler trap gun
    Rifle: Remmy 700 30-06
    Pistol: Toss up between the glock 33 and taurus 607....battle of the 357's?
    AOW: microwave filled with blackpowder and a steel spork?....lol, j/k

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    3" Magnum Long Range Goose Load out of an 18.5" barrel 870. 3 rounds without earmuffs when I was younger and ears were ringing so bad I screwed up a hearing test at work 4 days later. Pretty stupid now that I think back to it. Was the biggest recoil I've ever felt out of a long gun too.

I've also shot a Mosin Nagant chopped off to about an 8"-10" barrel and I would say that would be a close second. You could taste that sucker as it fired the blast was so big.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Tokarev with the old Milsurp Russian ammo. In the black boxes from Interarms. WOW. If you are at an indoor range and someone persists in shooting hot 44 mag loads. Reach for your muffs and place them over your ear plugs and then burn up a mag. End of contest.

Top Bottom