What would you buy if you knew there would be an attack on our soil in a few days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    View attachment 256282
    Its started. Its started!!
    Fun anecdote time...

I worked with someone whose mother lived in the neighborhood adjacent to the field where a lot of the "paratroopers" in the opening scenes of Red Dawn landed during filming...

Apparently, no one bothered to inform the residents beforehand; it seems some folks were at least mildly concerned.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Fun anecdote time...

I worked with someone whose mother lived in the neighborhood adjacent to the field where a lot of the "paratroopers" in the opening scenes of Red Dawn landed during filming...

Apparently, no one bothered to inform the residents beforehand; it seems some folks were at least mildly concerned.

Disclaimer:
    No fake **** sucking mother ******* commie ******** were hurt in the making of this movie.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    Assuming I could actually get items bc I had the heads up that others didn’t…

I’d add a bunch of food (used to keep a years supply but we just moved and are renting while we build so we’ve been trying to consume so that we don’t have to handle it so many times). After food and water (water itself plus filters), I’d focus on sanitation, medicine, and batteries. After that it would be ammo and some additional body armor and some IR lasers. I have NODs but would like some lasers.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If your talking all out nuclear it won't matter what we have. Life won't be worth it.
    Not necessarily. A lot will depend upon what happens and where it happens. It's likely the Russians will have the same sorts of readiness issues with their nuclear arsenal that they have with their conventional forces. The Chinese probably don't have as many nukes as we do and, absent some real-life hypersonic technology, they may not have the range to reach all the country.

A LIMITED nuclear exchange won't be fun, but it SHOULD be survivable for most of us. There will be an initial period when fallout will be a problem - perhaps a couple weeks - and after that there may be some long-term effects due to higher background radiation levels, but, again, survivable.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Not necessarily. A lot will depend upon what happens and where it happens. It's likely the Russians will have the same sorts of readiness issues with their nuclear arsenal that they have with their conventional forces. The Chinese probably don't have as many nukes as we do and, absent some real-life hypersonic technology, they may not have the range to reach all the country.

A LIMITED nuclear exchange won't be fun, but it SHOULD be survivable for most of us. There will be an initial period when fallout will be a problem - perhaps a couple weeks - and after that there may be some long-term effects due to higher background radiation levels, but, again, survivable.
    I'm afraid that, with so many living in the cities, that too many would survive. Those people are not staying home, they are getting out. They will have nothing, and in less than two weeks,they will be eating their neighbors. If you are within a two day walk, you better have a good weapon, and a defensive plan. Otherwise you will be a victim.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Question is, what do you have less of?

As for immediate scores, I'd hook up the trailer and head to town with some cash and all the credit cards I had. I would go with the wife or someone armed to protect things while I shop, in full kit, ready to rock. I would go after the vices.. Smokes, Booze, Coffee first. Grab some tampons on the way out... All good barter items.

Then I might head to a TSC or the like and stock up on corn, wheat, dog food, fencing material, steel posts, barbed wire, salt blocks. Things that aren't directly human consumed but vital to a homestead

Then maybe hit up the local home store, get wood, nails, screws, tool batteries, bits, drivers, insulation, rain collection materials, seeds, fertilizer, herbicides, etc.

Lastly I would stop by my local dairy, meat store and my local egg producer and I would trade for some things.

Then I would go home, unload everything under guard, lock down and wait for the action to start.

I might also run out for a fuel top off and fill any empty or available cans, barrels or the like. Oh and stop and "rent" some equipment that I might be able to keep.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Question is, what do you have less of?

As for immediate scores, I'd hook up the trailer and head to town with some cash and all the credit cards I had. I would go with the wife or someone armed to protect things while I shop, in full kit, ready to rock. I would go after the vices.. Smokes, Booze, Coffee first. Grab some tampons on the way out... All good barter items.

Then I might head to a TSC or the like and stock up on corn, wheat, dog food, fencing material, steel posts, barbed wire, salt blocks. Things that aren't directly human consumed but vital to a homestead

Then maybe hit up the local home store, get wood, nails, screws, tool batteries, bits, drivers, insulation, rain collection materials, seeds, fertilizer, herbicides, etc.

Lastly I would stop by my local dairy, meat store and my local egg producer and I would trade for some things.

Then I would go home, unload everything under guard, lock down and wait for the action to start.

I might also run out for a fuel top off and fill any empty or available cans, barrels or the like. Oh and stop and "rent" some equipment that I might be able to keep.
    This guy gets it!

Top Bottom