What was the best concert you have ever seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hmm. I feel out of place now.

I have 3 favorites.

Toby Keith at Verizon.
    George Strait at Conseco.
    Dierks Bentley at IU.

What can I say. I'm a Country Boy :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I went to an AC/DC concert at MSA but can't remember which tour it was. I've seen Aerosmith there two or three times as well.

I've never been to a Tool concert. The only way I'll go is if it's in another city because I would most likely lose my mind and I don't need my coworkers witnessing it if they're working the concert. :D:D:D I can't even listen to them in my patrol car for fear of someone seeing me and calling in a complaint or God forbid filming me and putting it on Youtube.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Hmm. I feel out of place now.

I have 3 favorites.

Toby Keith at Verizon.
    George Strait at Conseco.
    Dierks Bentley at IU.

What can I say. I'm a Country Boy :D
    I worked at the little nashville opry in brown county in the early and mid '80s. I saw some really good shows but the most memorable were the ones where I met the musicians. Johnny Cash, Mickey Gilley, Janie Frickie, Ronnie Milsap....When I shook JCs hand I recall thinking "this guy is a fricking GIANT", I was just a kid and Johnny was a big man.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    The Rolling Stones :rockwoot: at the Hoosier Dome when I was home on leave in '89! If I remember right Living Colour opened the show. Before that I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers when they were a club band on the West coast.

blakduglis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    When I was 13 Mom bought tickets for us (me and younger sister) to Bob Seger and Molly Hatchet. The concert was at Market Square Arena, seats were in 7th row right in front. I thought it was gonna suck, my sister was 11, but Molly Hatchet was great and Seger was better!
    BD

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Got to add Mellencamp/FarmAid in Louisville sometime in the 90's. Have seen Dylan numerous times. U2 in 87 or 88'. The very 1st concert I went to was in the original Convention Center in Indy. It was "festival seating" and cost something like $9.95! There was a cloud of THC hanging in the air. Saw REO Speedwagon, Quicksilver messenger service and a few more band I can't remember. People were drinkinin Boones Farm while sitting on their blankets spread on the floor. Got my 1st real kiss that night. Man some good memories..... :D

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I was dragged to see Rush during the Presto tour. I became an instant fan, and have seen them 2 or 3 more times since.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Rush - Signals Tour 1983 Buffalo
    Pink Floyd - Toronto circa 1988
    Greatful Dead, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan - Rich Stadium circa 1986
    Bridge School Benefit (Neil Young, Dave Matthews, Metalica, Atlantis Morrisette, Smashing Pumpkins, Lou Reed, etc) 1997 San Jose
    Lyle Lovett - Salt Lake City 2003

Many others - but those were stand outs.

Almost forgot another stand out = David Bowie, Niagara Falls convention center 1990

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My "best" concert was in 1977 in Oakland CA., I was 18 and saw the Outlaws, Santana, Lynyrd Skynyrd ( a few months before the crash), and PETER FRAMPTON!! All in one day!!

The last concert I saw was The Moody Blues.

Top Bottom