What was the best concert you have ever seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Jeez, I feel kinda sheltered now...only concert I've been to was a Montgomery Gentry concert out at the Speedway

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    You're fine. I've seen them twice and they are great.

oh not sheltered cause of MG...cause I haven't been to many concerts yet.. my ex Mother in Law, ex Sister in Law and her mother went with me...I think just because it was a free concert and I was driving them. They kept looking at me funny cause I actually knew what song was coming based on the opening music...

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Molly Hatchet , Outlaws ******,,Johnny Cougar opening act Convention Center about 1980

:rockwoot:Green Grass and High Tides was like 38 minutes or so. I was thinking it was more like 1978? Another memorable one was Triumph / Johnny Winter. Eve of the 500, Market Square. 1979 or 1980.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, this is hard. Best concert I have seen??? I am a concert whore! Been to at least 50 concerts in last 13 years and have seen some great ones.
    Metallica and Soundgarden rocked
    Godsmack 4 times so far and will be seeing them for the 5th time this summer :rockwoot:
    Rob Zombie seen him 4 times
    Ozzy twice and Black Sabath once
    Skynyrd and Kid Rock was awesome
    Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Coal Chamber, 5 Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Jackyl, Motley Crue, Slayer twice, Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction, Pantera :rockwoot:(RIP Dimebag), Anthrax, Mudvayne, Hell Yeah, Ted Nugent, Black Dhalia Murder, Job For a Cowboy, too many more to list. All of them rocked. Probably the best so far for me was Shadows Fall and Static X at Piere's a couple years ago. 5 feet from stage the whole time and just complete chaos. Crazy crowd, great show, LOUD, and some of the craziest pits ever! :rockwoot:

Ready for my third Mayhem Fest this year Godsmack, Disturbed, and Megadeth!:woot:

Last edited:

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    As of right now, i would have to say the best show I have seen is Prong at the Mad Monk in Wilmington. Untill I get the chance to see Tool live...

See my shadow changing,
    Stretching up and over me
    Soften this old armor
    Hoping I can clear the way
    By stepping through my shadow,
    Coming out the other side
    Step into the shadow
    Forty six and two are just ahead of me

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    As of right now, i would have to say the best show I have seen is Prong at the Mad Monk in Wilmington. Untill I get the chance to see Tool live...

I've seen them live 4 times and all of them were quite an experience...Maynard is quite the character(some would call it a God complex) and Carey is nothing short of amazing everytime I see him...Best drummer of all time IMO.

I've seen A Perfect Circle once somewhere in Indy(can't remember the place), but The Mars Volta opened for them and blew them off of the stage.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Ted Nugent and Toby Keith Ford Super Duty Tour @ Terre haute.
    Ted was awesome, he kicked Toby's azz. Toby was good though!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Lynyrd Skynyrd at Fort McCoy in Wisconsin. My sister is in the Army and her husband is retired Army and the Sgt. Major of the base and the Sgt. Major of the NCO Academy at the time were both great friends of theirs so we had all the free beer we could drink. :rockwoot:

The concert that I was at that I was most impressed with the performance was Jonny Lang in Fort Wayne

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    July 15, 1994. I saw Pink Floyd at the Pontiac Silverdome. They played the entire Dark Side of the Moon album for the first time in 20 years.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I saw Journey in '86 in Jacksonville, FL ...right before I drove back to IN by myself at the ripe old age of 17.
    My mother was not impressed with either of those occurrences.

But the best concert was probably the one I was pulled out of the front row and sung to... I didn't even want to go initially, but Mr.Jet was a fan. It was fun, incredibly entertaining, and I was glad I went ---Lee Greenwood.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Hmm. I feel out of place now.

I have 3 favorites.

Toby Keith at Verizon.
    George Strait at Conseco.
    Dierks Bentley at IU.

What can I say. I'm a Country Boy :D
    :)You're not out of place.....Three memorable ones for me:
    1)Chet Atkins @ Elliott hall of music in the 60's
    2)Don Williams @ now burned down Little Nashville Oprey.
    3)Emmy Lou Harris when Ricky Scaags was part of her "Hot Band"....That was a real twofer!! Like two shows going on at the same time.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Been to a lot of concerts but got to say the best one was Pantera in 92. The lead singer, Phil Anselmo, came off the stage to the floor and started a mosh pit right in front of me. Goodtimes!

Top Bottom