• Total voters

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This will be for rimfire only.

Vote for any that are listed as many as you have. Doesn't matter if it's a rifle, or handgun.

It will not show who voted. It's an anonymous poll.

This doesn't have all rimfire calibers.
    I tried to get the most popular listed.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    .22 LR will dominate this. Kind of wish .22 short was more common and popular. It would be fun to use for shooting parlors like they used to do. Though I think 9mm flobert was the more popular cartridge for that.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    .22 LR will dominate this. Kind of wish .22 short was more common and popular. It would be fun to use for shooting parlors like they used to do. Though I think 9mm flobert was the more popular cartridge for that.
    Well thankfully, unless it’s an auto, a lot of 22s will fire shorts, longs, and long rifles. This includes the current 22 Henry lever gun.

That said there is a somewhat easy to find 22 short automatic pistol made be Beretta you can find. The 950BS.

I keep shorts and longs around just for the heck of it.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Well thankfully, unless it’s an auto, a lot of 22s will fire shorts, longs, and long rifles. This includes the current 22 Henry lever gun.

That said there is a somewhat easy to find 22 short automatic pistol made be Beretta you can find. The 950BS.

I keep shorts and longs around just for the heck of it.
    The problem is less the guns, as you said unless it’s semi auto, it should be able to shoot it. But it’s hard to find and more expensive when you do. Also wish Aguila would make more super colibri ammo. That stuff is a lot of fun. I got away with a lot of target practice when I was younger and living in a more populated area with aguila super colibris and a bolt action rifle. Stuff sounds like a low power BB gun going off but will still knock over a soda can at 20-25 yards while easily being stopped by my old sandbox a one inch thick wood plank. :D It also made me become very focused on my marksmanship as just past the sandbox was our very fragile plastic/vinyl fence that would break if you looked at it wrong, let alone hit it with some…well… in the case of the super colibri, rather cold lead. Got to the point where I could pretty easily hit the bottom of the soda cans offhand at said 20-25 yards with an old WZ48 Polish trainer mosin.

.22 has stayed one of my favorites. Largely because it’s cheap and fun to shoot without beating me up after an afternoon of using it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    17 HMR definitely looks like it's gaining in popularity. It might be a caliber worth getting if you can find a decent deal on a 17 HMR I think it would be worth it to pick up especially in Indiana.

Top Bottom