What is your EDC blade? Do you carry one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your EDC blade?

• Total voters

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Seems like the folders have it. This is what I see at the shows too that folders sell more than fixed blades do on the average. The average person has more folders than fixed blades. So now before I get hammered by some of you fixed blades collectors I said AVERAGE.

Some of us carry both!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Seems like the folders have it. This is what I see at the shows too that folders sell more than fixed blades do on the average. The average person has more folders than fixed blades. So now before I get hammered by some of you fixed blades collectors I said AVERAGE.

Could this possibly be because there are sometimes more restrictions on fixed blades then folders? Or are there really not any more then on folders (noob here)?

EDIT: Size might be a reason too, a folder would take up a little more then half the space a fixed blade of the same blade length would, right?

bloodtrail

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2013
    Franklin
    I have a lengthy edc rotation that come from all areas of the knife spectrum. Spyderco, Buck, Benchmade, Cold Steel, CRK, Strider, etc. Love'em all. 95% of the time it's a folder.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    CRKT Hammond Cruiser, straight blade, clipped inside strongside front pocket...all day, everyday. I always have a knife somewhere on my person, no exceptions (except at the airport).

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Kershaw Blur...
    Kershaw03.jpg

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Right now its a Microtech Troodon, but I rotate in a KaBar/Dozier Phat Bob.

EDIT: Forgot about the TOPS Bartender Defender (fixed) I keep on my keychain.

Last edited:

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Voted folder and fixed blade.

I recently had to replace my lost folder and picked up an Esee/Blue Ridge Knives Zancudo. This is an awesome folder and can't really beat it for the price. Also waiting on my Esee Izula and will be switchung between the two.

bryhuds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I swap between a Benchmade Griptilian and Leatherman Skeletool CX....both with 154CM blades. The Leatherman not only comes in real handy for multiple tasks, but is a huge hit when tailgating and people need to open 12 oz bottles.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I carry either my Microtech Ultratech or a Lightning OTF or one of my Boker AK-74 autos. I walk with a cane so my left hand is busy with the cane. Having an auto knife of some sort is handy for me.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I carry either my Microtech Ultratech or a Lightning OTF or one of my Boker AK-74 autos. I walk with a cane so my left hand is busy with the cane. Having an auto knife of some sort is handy for me.

I think you, Nutnfancy, and I, are the only people in the world that own a Lightning OTF.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    My EDC rotation is based on what I think the day will hold. I usually have a fixed blade and a folder on me. Just exactly what they are rotates a lot. If I can only choose one, it will be a fixed blade.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    I think you, Nutnfancy, and I, are the only people in the world that own a Lightning OTF.

And I. I usually carry my ProTech Auto but mix in the Lighting OTF, Boker 74, or a balisong for when I'm feeling fancy. Hopefully after Christmas, I'll be carrying an Esee Izula:):

Top Bottom