What is UP with South Central Gun Club Matches??????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since everyone just seems to wanna stroke everyone off and not actually look at the issue of match attendance sucking and not offering reasons other than their own ego...

There is another reason why match attendance at your club is down, soon it’ll end up dead.

But, I’ll watch as Jeff Jones thinks he is hot **** trying to white knight one of the clubs biggest issues instead of addressing it

Can you not read the in thread I posted to stand down. That is a great way to get points. Ignoring staff.

1 more negative post in this thread and time outs will be issued.

Try me today. Please.

Do I have to close the thread to get the kids to stop.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not playing with this anymore. If you like it here respect it. If not then just do not post.
    I asked 2 times. And yes I will remove you from the forum.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    But, I’ll watch as Jeff Jones thinks he is hot **** trying to white knight one of the clubs biggest issues instead of addressing it

In all honesty, I admit that Mom and I both think I am really something.

Other thing, that has been talked about many times before, the biggest liability I know of for the sport is that we have only a precious few people who devote a crazy amount of time to keeping clubs shooting.
    What keeps folks like Max and Gary (orpci) and Mr.Sweetness (WVPPS) going is something I have not figured out.

MuncieFud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2018
    Muncie
    Try to bring new shooters into the sport. I’ve been competing for about 6 months and I wish I would have done it years ago. It will increase the amount of set up/ stage design help, bring in more money, and bring in new ideas.

Go to all the gun stores within half an hour of the range and ask to put up fliers (competitors buy more guns & ammo, the club and the gun store win). Host new competitor classes/matches. RVB hosted one that was amazingly helpful when I was just starting. USPSA sells itself, the hard part is getting people to their first match.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks all. I'm out. I never heard much about steel challenge numbers which is all I'm interested in. It appears the focus of this club is USPSA.

Maybe I'll wander up to MCFG some Friday. I did that once and they seemed to be alright.

Carry on!

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Thanks all. I'm out. I never heard much about steel challenge numbers which is all I'm interested in. It appears the focus of this club is USPSA.

Maybe I'll wander up to MCFG some Friday. I did that once and they seemed to be alright.

Carry on!

???

The club does Steel Challenge once a month.. There actually was one today.

Ron

cakelly1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Columbus
    I'm Match director of Steel Challenge at South Central. We are recently affilated this year, and trying to build attendance and buy more steel to have more stages. Would really appreciate any and all who would come shoot our match. There will always be atleast 4 SCSA stages.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Carry on!

Steel Challenge is actually something we would like to see grow at SCGC. The hard part is finding a couple very dedicated ROs to champion the events. Being a Match Director takes dedication and at SCGC we consider MDs to be Club leadership. I think we have now found those people. Steel Challenge will be the second Saturday of the month.

I will also take a minute to point out the SCGC is a strong supporter of youth programs such as 4H shooting sports in Jackson County and the SASP. We have hosted the SASP IN State match and soon the regional match. SCGC is a strong supporter of law enforcement training with the counties officers being members. USPSA is only one part of who and what we are, I am proud to be a part of this organization.

As as far as the club dying, not on my watch. I assure you SCGC is alive and doing very well.

I do not know Chris Chance. I just looked and he is not a member of our club. If he is a thief then I doubt he will be voted in as a member. SCGC is a private organization. If one of our members or a guest breaks a club rule I have and will address the issue. USPSA matches are another matter. If a person is a member of USPSA or otherwise legally able to be in possession of firearms and shoot safely their personal business is just that. If they break a USPSA rule then I leave it to the discretion of the MD.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am bringing this back to the top for 1 reason.
    The person being called out as a thief is in fact just that.

He has done his act right here in Ingo. I have had direct interactions with him as have other members. He was removed from the forum.
    Now, the idea that he is the sole reason for attendance issues is beyond idiotic. I have done my research and will not agree to this being the sole issue. Maybe a handful of people and understandably so.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom