What is the most frivolous reason you ever bought a handgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have succumbed to the "I have ammo I found so I should have a gun for it" purchase

Good man. My wife was with me when I bought the gun. She said "don't you already have one of those?" Not in this caliber, and I already have some ammo for it. She rolled her eyes. I said "so you've never bought an outfit to match a pair of shoes you already had?" She reluctantly nodded and said good point.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Last year I bought an HK USP 45 Tactical because it was the closest thing I could afford to the MK23 pistol. The hero of the video game series Metal Gear Solid used a MK23 as his primary weapon in the original game made for Playstation. This was my favorite games series growing up and the only one I really followed. He does end up with a USP .45 in the beginning of MGS 2 but it is only for one mission.

And before any nerds jump my case, yes I know Metal Gear Solid wasn't the first game in the Metal Gear series. But it was the first Solid series and the only one of the main canon made for original Playstation beside VR Missions which is the beginning of Raiden's story not Snake's.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I bought an M9 Beretta because I already had a ton of mags thanks to the Army. Didn't really like it when it was issued, bulky, heavy, etc., but I found a new one on sale, and had the money. Rarely shoot it, actually others usually shoot it more than I do, but what can I say. Not a bad pistol, but definitely wasn't needed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I bought an M9 Beretta because I already had a ton of mags thanks to the Army. Didn't really like it when it was issued, bulky, heavy, etc., but I found a new one on sale, and had the money. Rarely shoot it, actually others usually shoot it more than I do, but what can I say. Not a bad pistol, but definitely wasn't needed.

Some people love "big, bulky".
    I'm sure there's a guy across the street might be happy if you gave it to him.
    He could change the barrel and suppress it.

:)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Some people love "big, bulky".
    I'm sure there's a guy across the street might be happy if you gave it to him.
    He could change the barrel and suppress it.

:)
    He has a Taurus that can do the same. Although, I guess I should look up a new threaded barrel price

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    WEll.....i was in Rural King, wandering around. They were just popping a fresh batch of popcorn, so i had a few minutes to kill. I walked by the gun counter, and saw a little NAA .22 magnum at a price i couldn't say no to, so i bought it. Did paperwork, and went and got my fresh popcorn.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    shiny.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Went into Rural King for assorted items awhile back.
    Walked by the gun counter "Walther PPX 9mm $249.00"
    RK can be dangerous!

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    I'm going to buy a S&W 500 at some point in my life. There's absolutely no reason to buy it, except I think it would be bad a** to shoot.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Because I can get it and make it look really neat. My incoming SW Victory is going to look really cool once I replace the barrel, handgrips, trigger, and eventually get a red dot. Kind of looks like it came right out of Star Trek or Transformers.

All the others had a much more important reason since some of them where either just plain different from what I already had like my first revolver or my first Single Action Revolver, my first 1911, or my second Beretta 92FS.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Found a fiber optic sight for a S&W classic in the safe so now I must have another 44 mag!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I bought a Detective Special for no other reason than I made detective and it was called a Detective Special. Luckily, unless I become Chief I won't have to worry about that particular temptation again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought a Detective Special for no other reason than I made detective and it was called a Detective Special. Luckily, unless I become Chief I won't have to worry about that particular temptation again.

Not a handgun, but I bought an IBM M1 Carbine because of similar logic. I'm a computer programmer/software tester. :):

Top Bottom