What is a reasonable time to begin shooting on your land?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Seriously answers please.

I was shooting this morning at 9am.

Neighbor claims it was too early.

Also said I was shooting for too long (90 minutes) but that is a different issue. I like to be on 'good terms' with all my neighbors, so if 9am is 'too early' to shoot, I ask you folks who have your own shooting ranges on your own property and also have neighbors within earshot, at what time do you think it is reasonable to begin shooting on your property?

A follow up question, if you have a tractor for mowing, do you think it is reasonable to start mowing at the same time that its reasonable to start shooting? Or can you start mowing earlier than shooting? I consider both to be noisy activities and that is why I waited until 9am. But if you guys think 10am is more 'reasonable' on a Saturday morning then I'm fine with that too.

Again, I don't want to purposely antagonize my neighbor, really makes no difference to me if I begin to shoot at 9am or 10am.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I say 10am, I usually am I little ticked when I hear a lawn mower earlier then that let alone target practice.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    for me I would say 9am. The hubby likes to sleep in and he'd say 11am. :rolleyes:

You aren't going to be able to keep people happy no matter how hard you try.
    If said neighbor says 9 is to early, wait until ten and see if this offends him. If it does he's an ass and doesn't deserve your efforts to try to make him happy. :dunno:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I think 9am is pretty early on a Saturday. I agree with earlier posters that I'm pretty angry when awakened by lawnmowers. Firearms would be even more aggravating.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Seriously answers please.

I was shooting this morning at 9am.

Neighbor claims it was too early.

Also said I was shooting for too long (90 minutes) but that is a different issue. I like to be on 'good terms' with all my neighbors, so if 9am is 'too early' to shoot, I ask you folks who have your own shooting ranges on your own property and also have neighbors within earshot, at what time do you think it is reasonable to begin shooting on your property?

How does he feel about "rapid fire"?

How do YOU feel about "rapid fire"?

How ever you feel about it, how early or how long, I guarantee it could be worse and like practical jokes and pranks the next step always is. I'd make an effort to work it out with your neighbor instead of soliciting advice from people with no skin in the game.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    for me I would say 9am. The hubby likes to sleep in and he'd say 11am. :rolleyes:

You aren't going to be able to keep people happy no matter how hard you try.
    If said neighbor says 9 is to early, wait until ten and see if this offends him. If it does he's an ass and doesn't deserve your efforts to try to make him happy. :dunno:

THIS is the best advice you will probably get. And effective, too. . .

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bear in mind that he mows his lawn as early as 9am on the weekends.

Also bear in mind that we live on acreage surrounded by farms and directly across the river that borders the back of my property is a shooting preserve that holds pheasant hunts.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Bear in mind that he mows his lawn as early as 9am on the weekends.
    Also bear in mind that we live on acreage surrounded by farms and directly across the river that borders the back of my property is a shooting preserve that holds pheasant hunts.
    in that case, **** him. buy a .50.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    So, are you going to wait until 9:00 during huntung season? It makes a big difference on how rural this is....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I don't think 9am is early, but I'm an early riser and like to get things accomplished early in the day. Mrs. G gave you the best advice, try 10:00am and see if you can ease the tension. If that doesn't work, maybe you could organize an INGO shoot at your place. :D

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Too bad we're not neighbors...the sound of gun fire is an AWESOME way to wake up...from a friendly source of course.

I'm in for an 8am start time!

Top Bottom