Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sister treats here pool with a salt additive. It is done by a generator of some sort so there are no goofy chemicals in the water just a salt of some kind akin to softener salt. A good boiling or a small distiling device (for water...;)) would purify the water enough to be ingested. We are doing things to make this happen as here ranch is BOL #2 for us.

Standard deal....more can goods. Soups, beans, and road house chili.
    More water and paper goods.
    Ammo is finally up to satisfactory level.
    Still working on solar heat.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    My sister treats here pool with a salt additive. It is done by a generator of some sort so there are no goofy chemicals in the water just a salt of some kind akin to softener salt. A good boiling or a small distiling device (for water...;)) would purify the water enough to be ingested. We are doing things to make this happen as here ranch is BOL #2 for us.

Standard deal....more can goods. Soups, beans, and road house chili.
    More water and paper goods.
    Ammo is finally up to satisfactory level.
    Still working on solar heat.

:+1:

I tried to rep you for the road house chili but it said I had given out too much. So, I will try again tomorrow.

It worked this time!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :+1:

I tried to rep you for the road house chili but it said I had given out too much. So, I will try again tomorrow.

It worked this time!

I got the rep. Thanks. Something to consider, even is it is SHTF time we have to have something enjoyable to eat. Can goods and bottled goods have a decent shelf life if you rotate them through. Stock up and rotate.

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    Stored some more rice away in mylar bags/buckets with gamma seal lids. I highly recommend using those lids. I also bought some more canned goods and ammo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For those who are curious....

3/4" thin wall pvc pipe is good for 29 years to use as an air line with a 140 psi continuous pressure once it.... :popcorn:

I take it you are at 29 years and 1 month. POP!!!!

I have the same PVC in my shop (@ 130 psi) and it has been there since about 1985 at best guess. Should I be expecting a failure.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I take it you are at 29 years and 1 month. POP!!!!

I have the same PVC in my shop (@ 130 psi) and it has been there since about 1985 at best guess. Should I be expecting a failure.
    Lol!
    Pretty close on your timeline actually....
    We built the shop in the fall of '83 right before harvest, as the ol' shop burnt to the slab that summer. Everything was put in quickly, with what we could find in a short time so we could get back into operation.

Since I have a little more time, I cobbled the old lines back together, I am in the process of laying in 1" schedule 40 pvc lines with a couple of new drops added. The new drops are those ones you are always saying, "if I had to do it's over again, I'd put a drop there.".

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Bought some one pound propane tanks. They're on clearance at Menard's for $2 and change - about 30% less than the standard Wally World price.

They're closing out their summer camping aisle. I missed out on the dry bags I had my eye on. they were all gone.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Bought some one pound propane tanks. They're on clearance at Menard's for $2 and change - about 30% less than the standard Wally World price.

They're closing out their summer camping aisle. I missed out on the dry bags I had my eye on. they were all gone.

Check the plumbing section clearance rack for the dry bags. That's where they moved them to in the Indy area store I visit.

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Well I decided to train on my NBC decon. In my house thanks to my son thinking a dirty diaper makes a great place to find play dough wall and body paint. Left alone for about 45 min for "nap" time turned it into a wide spread epidemic.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I picked up a half dozen plastic totes at a garage sale for $3, bought an old beater Blazer, and went to Elmore's Guns and picked up some of the Wilson mags for $25 each. Nice mags at a great price.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    This week we stocked up on candles primarily for barter but also some to have on hand to give to extended family if needed. Also added some more oil lamps, lamp oil and replacement wicks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom