• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am not sure of the brand names but they are off the shelf items from the local stores she shops. I will check the brand names. She keeps them in my old dual door Stak-on ammo cabinet so she can lock it up. The tasty prep food is in there. The the kids will eat them if she doesn't........................:D

I say kids, they are mid to late 20's.

I am feeding 3 AR's so I will never really have enough mags. Found MagPul P mags on AGS (ingo folks) for $11.00 and change. Best I have found them. $14.00 plus everywhere else I have looked. They are fair on ammo as well. Not the best but fair.

I'm pretty good on AR mags. I only get them if they are a couple bucks a piece. Buddy of mine lives at Ft Benning and he gets dirty dusty Pmags from the sandbox and I pay him 8 bucks a piece for them. I clean em up and store em.

Newest rifle is a 308 ar, buying the Pmag 20 rounders for it. Pretty scarce at the moment, but I know a place.

You know you're storing the right stuff if you have to keep it under lock and key so it doesn't get eaten.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Looking for reloading dies (9 223 308 458). Bought another case of ammo (9 @ Lucky Gunner)and whiskey (Canadian Club at S & V, should plan for a still or brew beer- or BOTH). Comparing canned meat prices at Wally world and Grabill meets ( I work next to one and live 7 min from the other)

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I'm pretty good on AR mags. I only get them if they are a couple bucks a piece. Buddy of mine lives at Ft Benning and he gets dirty dusty Pmags from the sandbox and I pay him 8 bucks a piece for them. I clean em up and store em.

Newest rifle is a 308 ar, buying the Pmag 20 rounders for it. Pretty scarce at the moment, but I know a place.

You know you're storing the right stuff if you have to keep it under lock and key so it doesn't get eaten.

What brand .308 AR? Considering RRA AR or Springfield M14

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Went to the Indiana Self Defence meeting and went over go bags/bobs

Learned somethings and gonna do some revamping to the bag, starting with the bag

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    What brand .308 AR? Considering RRA AR or Springfield M14

LWRCI REPR 20"

I've used the Sass and M1A, they are both decent systems. The M1A is heavy, ammo sensitive and slow on reloads. The Sass is a big AR and isn't can friendly. 308 leaves a lot of gas behind, right in the shooters eyes if a can is used.

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Got 4 cases bottled water from Aldi
    30 pack of AA batteries
    I rounded up 7 pairs of eye glasses from around the house and put them all in one place...now where is that again?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LWRCI REPR 20"

I've used the Sass and M1A, they are both decent systems. The M1A is heavy, ammo sensitive and slow on reloads. The Sass is a big AR and isn't can friendly. 308 leaves a lot of gas behind, right in the shooters eyes if a can is used.

I am getting very interested in building up a .308 AR platform but have much research to do. Possibly getting started on this right after the holidays.
    Might want to buy your lunch one day and pick your brain. Not looking to go cheap.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I am getting very interested in building up a .308 AR platform but have much research to do. Possibly getting started on this right after the holidays.
    Might want to buy your lunch one day and pick your brain. Not looking to go cheap.

That sounds pretty cool! I just bought a savage model 10 .308 last week. I need to get a good fixed scope and a Harris bipod......but it's still cool!

We had out wood fire place insert installed, got more food, ammo, a glock 19 and I can't remember what all else.

jacob.white27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Spencer, In
    I stocked up on more ammo, bought another gun...and more ammo, bought some other ammo...and oh yeah bought ammo...I feel like I should go out and buy some ammo...I guess i could count the wife canning a bunch of tomato juice and other veggies for food.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Today I ran the 1050 a while for some fresh practice 223. Cleaned and sorted brass, Restocked the BOB from our trip. Had the boys help me make some emergency candles for the larder. Put back some Pasta and sauce. Rotated some food into the pantry.

Doing research on Food savers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sounds pretty cool! I just bought a savage model 10 .308 last week. I need to get a good fixed scope and a Harris bipod......but it's still cool!

We had out wood fire place insert installed, got more food, ammo, a glock 19 and I can't remember what all else.

Looked at that model savage as I was thinking about another .308 bolt gun. It is a decent piece. Put a mid-range glass on it and enjoy.
    I really want a heavy battle rifle in .308. It's about the zombies as you know...:D

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Went to the Indiana Self Defence meeting and went over go bags/bobs

Learned somethings and gonna do some revamping to the bag, starting with the bag

Wish I could get in on some of those classes/meetings. Work gets in the way right now so I'm gonna have to wait (But hey, at least I have a job).

Anyhow...

Picked up a siphon pump, 5 more gallons of gas and a quart of oil for the genny, filled another 20lbs propane tank, and made more room in my storage shed for my preps.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Today I ran the 1050 a while for some fresh practice 223. Cleaned and sorted brass, Restocked the BOB from our trip. Had the boys help me make some emergency candles for the larder. Put back some Pasta and sauce. Rotated some food into the pantry.

Doing research on Food savers.

Tonight Walt said they are getting some mylar bags,02 eaters and the thingy for sealing the bags

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Target Practice,for the family.. More Ammo ordered and picked up.. weapons mods and upkeep... laying in supplys of odds and ends as always..

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Filled up the empty brass for my go-to precision rifle. Now I'm back with some amount of working inventory. I need to increase it, but for a precision rifle a few rounds go a long long way.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I've been trying to learn to identify edible plants on our property. I know a few, but I suspect there are more edible ones than I have identified so far.

Have been working on damming up short sections of one of our ravines to make several small water holding areas to trap rain water. When I'm done I should have added about a thousand gallons of water storage capacity.

I plan to plant some cattails (as a survival food source) in a shallow frog pond. I know they can take over a pond so I will have to watch them. There are no fish in this small pond, but plenty of frogs, e.g., frog legs!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom