• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    MY hobbies change every decade or so and I usually come full circle on most. Boating, collector cars, trap/skeet shooting,hunting, fishing, competitive archery (indoor and outdoor), and on and on.

One thing I have not done is participated in any type of handgun competion or sport. I recently purchased a Hornaday Lock and Load progressive press to load for the two pistol calibers I have - 9mm and .45. With the ability to shoot more at a lesser cost I now find that I may have an interest in learing more about and participating in some type of competitive pistol endeavor. I think I can rule out cowboy action and I don't see myself firing at "spots" without losing interest. Similarly I dont think I would to participate in 3 gun ( although I don't know much about that venue ). Is there any type of combat or practical pistol shooting being done in central Indiana ?

My handgun firearm inventory consists of a Colt Defender in .45 and a Glock 26 (9mm) - both having been purchased as a carry gun. ( I have a CCP issued by the State of Indiana )

Any comments or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Amboy49

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Oh boy, I can see it's going to take awhile to learn the acronyms.

Perhaps I should have removed the license from my wallet and actually reviewed it. That being said - back to the original question. Any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Amboy49

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    There is lots of opportunity in and around Indianapolis for you to get engaged in IDPA, USPSA and Steel Challenge (type) matches. You didn't specify exactly where in central Indiana you were located, but I'm confident there is something near you. Atlanta Conservation Club, Hamilton County Fish and Game, and Marion County Fish and Game all hold regular matches of varying "gun games" for pistol shooters.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    IDPA is fun and cheap to get into in terms of both dues and gear to be competitive. No custom race guns to compete against, no requirement to have multiple guns, etc. I'd start there.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Handgun Competitions

IDPA is great, Atlanta, Indiana have Monthly shoots as well as (WVRP) Wabash Valley Rifle and Pistol Club near Brookston, In.
    Both of these clubs have well organized matches and people willing to assist a newer shooter to the sport. You would be able to use either handgun that you now own. all you need is a good holster and 3 mags ( more is always nice but not needed ) and a mag carrier. Good Luck and have fun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom