What else are you guys into? Any hobbies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Exotic birds and robotics (arduino type stuff).

I'm combining my hobbies now to create a robotic remote controlled bird cage complete with music, lighting, and working plumbing.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Hunting mushroons in the spring, then big hog bluegill fishing, then summer in the pool with the family and grandson , then fall whitetail hunting... working 2nd shift while doing the above ..... Nothing better then fresh morels with some fresh bluegills and fried tatters.... yum-o !!!!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Collecting Marilyn Monroe memorabilia
    Raising roses
    Cooking/baking
    Want to get back to swinging a golf club
    Also want to re-learn how to play a guitar
    Taking naps
    Enjoying my retirement!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Hmmm, never tried those things. Are they fun? :dunno:

I would love to learn how to seek mushrooms but I understand the whole keeping my areas secret thing. So far I've yet to learn and trying to do it keying them out in a book is a good way to die. Maybe one day I can take a class or find someone who will show me the ropes. Until then there are a few people who find way more morels than they want/need so I get a few from them to eat. I usually wind up eating them in such amounts as to become sick from eating too many too fast but I still love them.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    Currently guns. Which has turned into reloading also..
    Bee keeping (hoping to turn this into more than a hobby)
    Raising Texas Long Horns, cute critters and tasty too...
    Reading War hammer 40k novels and painting same miniatures. Would love to play the table top but no time...
    Woodworking will do more when I can afford to put up my own man cave shop
    None of the above are cheap so I have to make a lot of hay to support my addictions...:cool:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Restoring 67-72 GM pickups. This past Tuesday I sold the 52nd one I've done, to a car dealer in Iowa.

Love those trucks! My dad and I did '72 Cheyenne a couple years ago for one of my first cars. I sold it after driving it a summer and losing my storage for the upcoming winter. Earlier last year I was getting the itch again, but couldn't find a decent 'survivor' in our price range. We ended up with a nice rust free '78 Cheyenne 20 which I love, but nothing drives as smooth as a 67-72 1/2 ton with coil rear springs!

My hobbies include finding reasons to play with my guns, restoring old cars, during the summer I enjoy mountain biking.

Jon

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Reading: Fiction, non fiction, I usually have at least three or four books going all the time.

Video Games: FPS, RTS, sometimes an RPG. Currently playing Battlefield 4 and the alpha of Dayz Standalone

Pretty much any excuse to get out in the woods when the weather is above 55 degrees (I really like playing in creeks): Gold Panning, Mushroom Hunting, Hiking, Camping, rock collecting, fossil hunting

I have not ridden my bicycle much in the past few years, but I really enjoy it. I used to ride quite a bit on the IU Bloomington campus at night (tons of great stairs, lots of neat places to ride, acres of paths, streets and sidewalks all lighted and pretty much deserted except for the occasional biker, pedestrian or police and no one has ever hassled me while biking)

I used to play strategy games with miniatures and pen and paper RPG's, but have kind of lost interest. I still like reading the rule books.

Basically, I'm a nerd.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, bicycling, motorcycling, flying, working on my vehicles. I just have too many hobbies and not enough money.

My job is also my hobby, writing programs and creating websites.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My Jeeps and Offroad. WAY too involved in that scene (see sig).

I also do a bit of fishing, and picked up fly fishing a while back. Can't wait to take my girl fishing more this spring.

Picked up a canoe a while back I hope to use more, and also want to start camping, hiking, and biking with the family more.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Fishing, woodworking. I used to enjoy building models, cars, fighter planes, but I haven't had time for that for awhile. I've gotten this bug to build a model railroad but thankfully I don't have anyplace to do it, otherwise the wife would kill me! It seems like it would be a entertaining way to make the long winter days go by.

Top Bottom