• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Every time I hear about leadership wanting to do this or that for Iran, I'm asking why. I don't see the good for America, anywhere. It just seems to have devolved into some sort of dc, world stage player, Orange Man Bad, game that consumes money. I would say, always follow the money, but that seems to be missing here as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've always thought our involvement over there was about nothing but oil. If we want the oil a certain country has we do what we can to protect that country oil.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Diesel for one, it is refined in India. Same for the Russian oil. We have zero problem importing any refined product from India,and are doing it on a larger scale than ever.
    429 Import Shipment Records found for,just for diesel ships(Included deliveries to USA and Canada).
    I am not saying it is right or that it should happen,just that it is and has been happening for a very long time. India already has the largest refinery on earth,and is building one(phase 2 now) that is nearly double the size.
    Just Jamnagar produces over 70% if their domestic needs. They have more spare refining capacity than the rest of the world combined. Refined product has led India's exports for a couple of years already. They are generating wealth at an incredible rate.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What we get from Iran is threats, hatred, terrorism and some sort of expectation that we owe them.

They are basically registered Democrats.

I think the Iranian people have more respect for the US than democrats do.

aLmzWsD.png

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Diesel for one, it is refined in India. Same for the Russian oil. We have zero problem importing any refined product from India,and are doing it on a larger scale than ever.
    429 Import Shipment Records found for,just for diesel ships(Included deliveries to USA and Canada).
    I am not saying it is right or that it should happen,just that it is and has been happening for a very long time. India already has the largest refinery on earth,and is building one(phase 2 now) that is nearly double the size.
    Just Jamnagar produces over 70% if their domestic needs. They have more spare refining capacity than the rest of the world combined. Refined product has led India's exports for a couple of years already. They are generating wealth at an incredible rate.

Meanwhile, we tolerate politicians that continue to hobble the States.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Every time I hear about leadership wanting to do this or that for Iran, I'm asking why. I don't see the good for America, anywhere. It just seems to have devolved into some sort of dc, world stage player, Orange Man Bad, game that consumes money. I would say, always follow the money, but that seems to be missing here as well.

Same thing we get from everyone in the area:

1) Energy for world markets, as even if we aren't getting oil/gas directly from Iran our prices are influenced by global prices.
    2) Regional stability so that #1 isn't threatened
    3) US influence filling the space as much as possible to prevent Chinese and/or Russian influence from filling the same space so we have more say on the flow of #1.

I've been pounding this drum here for years. All wars are resource wars, either to gain the resources for your and your allies' use and/or to deny the resource to your enemies. The only reason we care about the region is energy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Same thing we get from everyone in the area:

1) Energy for world markets, as even if we aren't getting oil/gas directly from Iran our prices are influenced by global prices.
    2) Regional stability so that #1 isn't threatened
    3) US influence filling the space as much as possible to prevent Chinese and/or Russian influence from filling the same space so we have more say on the flow of #1.

I've been pounding this drum here for years. All wars are resource wars, either to gain the resources for your and your allies' use and/or to deny the resource to your enemies. The only reason we care about the region is energy.

I'll give you that point, but it seems like we are making other oil players in the region unhappy by dealing with Iran.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Their chemical manufacturing and exports world wide are huge as well, not much is made in the USA anymore. Getting things through distributors here in anything besides standard pack size requires some begging.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    All I know is that when I visited prior to the Shah’s downfall, there were a lot of mighty fine looking women there and almost none of them were wearing those tents they have now! Sorry, no pictures available.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Based on information available thru the US Energy Information Administration we send India 615k barrels of petroleum products per day and they send us 100k barrels of petroleum products per day. This is 2021 information, 2022 doesn’t seem to be available. That would make India a net importer of US oil products. Granted the 100k barrels coming back could be refined products but saying those 100k come from Iran when we are sending 615k seems unlikely.

eia.gov

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'll give you that point, but it seems like we are making other oil players in the region unhappy by dealing with Iran.

By other oil players, you mean Saudi. Saudi is overplaying their hand. This is a reminder that they may have the oil but they still need to work harder to be daddy's favorite because daddy has other options as well.

Remember when I said nobody gave a **** when Saudi's ruling family killed a reporter? Biden pretended to for a few seconds, but ultimately a reporter is nothing compared to cheap energy. Human rights and the concept of human life is sacred are readily discarded for cheap energy for us and our buddies vs for our enemies. As long as it's foreigners dying, nobody here cares and even Biden & Co was able to figure that out. We'd buddy up with Iran tomorrow and leave Saudi in the cold if it gave us an edge on China. Ideally we'd like to have them both vying to be our buddy, but as long as Saudi knows we are considering options that makes it harder for them to set the tone in negotiations and as long as Iran knows they have some chance of coming in out of the cold they are less dangerous.

We are in something of a cold war again, but primarily economic now. Countries that aren't near peers will once again have to choose which side to cozy up to.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Those other oil players (gulf Arabs mostly) are already servants of the US, their unhappiness is just that. They hate Iran but won't do anything to upset Uncle Sam.

As the Yemeni resistance says to the Saudis, "What good is your oil if it's mixed with whiskey"? The Saudis have unlimited wealth but very limited agency because they've bowed down to another power

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Someday I figure the Iranians will get their bombs finished and the Saudis will buy some. 20 million people will die over a 1000 year old family quarrel.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Another war according to Biden. He signed a declaration with Isreal today to prevent Iran from getting the bomb built by any means necessary.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Another war according to Biden. He signed a declaration with Isreal today to prevent Iran from getting the bomb built by any means necessary.

Israel knows how to get this done so I would imagine the Iranian air defense people will have some sleepless nights.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Based on information available thru the US Energy Information Administration we send India 615k barrels of petroleum products per day and they send us 100k barrels of petroleum products per day. This is 2021 information, 2022 doesn’t seem to be available. That would make India a net importer of US oil products. Granted the 100k barrels coming back could be refined products but saying those 100k come from Iran when we are sending 615k seems unlikely.

eia.gov
    767 thousand barrels of distillates imported in 2021 on the IEA page(2021)?

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_epd0_im0_mbbl_m.htm
    Do you have a link for the 615k?
    Side note. This does not include things made from oil such as plastic(we import a large amount from all over including India).
    April 2022 7765k from India. May 2022 8464k from India. Lastest I found data for.

The IEA is not everything though.

It has far from perfect data and billions of barrels trade yearly without being recognized. The IEA extrapolates data and estimates volumes. It really is not that great of a tool anymore,especially now that it has gone fully "woke/green". "stronger policies need to be implemented to put global gas demand on a path in line with reaching net-zero emissions by 2050 while still fostering economic prosperity"
    The IEA wants you to use zero gas in less than 30 years. Petroleum producers rarely give them data anymore,and I do not blame them.

Top Bottom