• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I can get the local union hall if anyone's interested in that option. I could also probably arrange to get a smoker towed in for cooking...

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    There is a rental fee for Range 2; 75.00 half-day, 150.00 full day.

BUT....

For something like this, I'm willing to forgo the fee (don't let word get out that I'm a nice guy, it'll ruin my rep....).

We may be able to work something out on the steel.

Is there a group rate or charge? Would we have access to the steel targets? :):

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Steve that sounds awesome! :yesway:

Okay a bit of brain storming here...random thoughts flying...

Will we need some volunteer folks to cover RO's? I would think we have plenty on here if need be.

What is the general consensus of doing this get together at Eagle Creek range? I know its not Kokomo, and there will be some windshield time involved for some or most....but this is why I wanted to start this thread now and not the first week of May.

Right now time is on our side as far as logistics and funding goes...

But I want everyone to keep in mind that this is to honor a troop from our own thats honored his country, state, INGO forum and all its members.

Anyone with better organizational / planning skills feel free to hop right into this thing. :):

side note for further review later...potential for a regularly scheduled INGO outing at Eagle Creek!

There is a rental fee for Range 2; 75.00 half-day, 150.00 full day.

BUT....

For something like this, I'm willing to forgo the fee (don't let word get out that I'm a nice guy, it'll ruin my rep....).

We may be able to work something out on the steel.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm with Roger on this one...

Steve.. you are Da Man! :D

I'll be happy to play hostess and take lots of pictures. :D

On dates, due to my retail work schedule, I'd like to request AFTER Mother's Day (however, this early in advance, I could *probably* work something out).

Also, as tempting as Memorial Day weekend is... the race is also that weekend... so.. I'd recommend a no on that Saturday as well. :)

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I'm sending cox7215 a PM to try and establish a good time frame of when he would be able to attend.

Updates to follow...

I'm with Roger on this one...

Steve.. you are Da Man! :D

I'll be happy to play hostess and take lots of pictures. :D

On dates, due to my retail work schedule, I'd like to request AFTER Mother's Day (however, this early in advance, I could *probably* work something out).

Also, as tempting as Memorial Day weekend is... the race is also that weekend... so.. I'd recommend a no on that Saturday as well. :)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    As far as cooking, lemme know soon if you want me to try to get that smoker. Catering? The guy who owns the smoker is pretty reasonable - I could ask him if anyone is interested...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If transportation is a problem for Cox, I'll volunteer to drive him. I am about 45 minutes from him and the family and, one vet to another, it would be my honor to get him to the meet-and-greet.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    If transportation is a problem for Cox, I'll volunteer to drive him. I am about 45 minutes from him and the family and, one vet to another, it would be my honor to get him to the meet-and-greet.

Alan thanks man, I'll mention that in our next conversation.

As far as cooking, lemme know soon if you want me to try to get that smoker. Catering? The guy who owns the smoker is pretty reasonable - I could ask him if anyone is interested...

Joe, while not trying to sound like this is a locked in deal...its sounding like the get together will be at Eagle Creek Park and Pistol Range in Indy.

There may be either a food pitch in from the attending INGO members or some other local caterer....I can't even guess at that at this point in time.

But your offer is definitely appreciated, and being considered.

So to the thread lurkers and those that have posted.... which sounds like the way to go? Individuals pitching in and bringing something to the get together, or do we want to start taking some donations to pay for catering?

And again...I reach out to anyone who is good at organizing this type thing? Jump right into thisthread and work your magic. The last thing I want to see is this falling apart and not happening.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Roger, you seem to be doing a pretty good job of organizing. One of the qualities of a good manager is one who is able to identify tasks and then delegate responsibilities. ;)

I vote for a pitch-in, but the catering has definite potential.

If we catered, we'd either have to get it donated or charge members a fee for attending. Also, we'd have to have at least a fairly accurate head count to be sure we didn't have too much food or not enough.

With a pitch-in, we could have a sign up list to be sure we've got most of the bases covered (or we could really just leave it open to the wind and trust we get all the food groups in. (Are these the food groups now: powder, caffeine, oil, and bacon?) Hmm.. now that I'm thinking about it.. maybe we *should* have a sign up list just to make sure it's not 40 plates of bacon. We would also have to consider plates, napkins, beverages, etc.

Also, and this is more for Steve: would we need to consider restricting the head count? For our NFA day, mostly because it was a private range and we wanted to limit mishaps (none happened btw), we restricted it to 30 members, and those 30 slots were filled up fast. If I understand what Bay 2 is correctly, I know there are only 10 or 12 shooting tables in that bay, so we would have to set up a system to ensure that if we have a lot of members come (and I'm hoping we do!) that everyone gets a turn and that we're all safe doing it. :)

Should we form a committee? :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So will this be a BBQ? Or range-time? Or a BBQ with range-time?

I'm not opposed to any particular combination. I'm just trying to get a more clear image of the day.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Would it be possible to rename or restart this thread with a more descriptive title? It kinda gets lost with the existing title...

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Man that sounds awesome, any place in Indy is good, I have a few brothers in Indy that would love to come and shoot as well, hell I can’t wait to get home and kill some evil watermelons, so any place we can shoot will be awesome!!!

I can travel any place you guys think it would be good to shoot at; I would really like to meet the people I talk to on here face-to-face! There are actually 3 of us here together from Kokomo we are all coming home on the same day. I just talked to them and they are stoked, I just got one to start an account not to long ago on here, he has just been so busy he has not had a lot of time to post unlike me, but he ask everyday and I try to give him a run down of new news….lol

As far as a date, if we plan it any time from the 3rd weekend in May and on, will be great, we will actually be home between the 4th and the 8th so that will give me time to go see all the family and stock up on some ammo to bring. (I have several new guns at home I have had the wife pick up for me I have not yet got to shoot….lol)

This sounds like a great idea and we can’t wait! I hope to see you all there and once again thank you for everything!

Please keep me updated!!!!!

Bobby

Ok, one last thing, I have to ask, what the hell is with the bacon???? LMAO??

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Man that sounds awesome, any place in Indy is good, I have a few brothers in Indy that would love to come and shoot as well, hell I can’t wait to get home and kill some evil watermelons, so any place we can shoot will be awesome!!!

I can travel any place you guys think it would be good to shoot at; I would really like to meet the people I talk to on here face-to-face! There are actually 3 of us here together from Kokomo we are all coming home on the same day. I just talked to them and they are stoked, I just got one to start an account not to long ago on here, he has just been so busy he has not had a lot of time to post unlike me, but he ask everyday and I try to give him a run down of new news….lol

As far as a date, if we plan it any time from the 3rd weekend in May and on, will be great, we will actually be home between the 4th and the 8th so that will give me time to go see all the family and stock up on some ammo to bring. (I have several new guns at home I have had the wife pick up for me I have not yet got to shoot….lol)

This sounds like a great idea and we can’t wait! I hope to see you all there and once again thank you for everything!

Please keep me updated!!!!!

Bobby

Ok, one last thing, I have to ask, what the hell is with the bacon???? LMAO??

Hey man, anything we can do to welcome home a fellow friend and soldier from a long hard war! :rockwoot: I wish I could be out there with ya man! Since I cant, I've been doing what I can from home. Even had my kids sending letters and pictures to soldiers overseas, had a hand in the cellphones for soldiers program, etc. Be glad to meet you and shake your hand sir.

:patriot:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Lol.. do we want commemorative tee-shirts? :D

HECK YEAH why not!! :):

Would be a great way to promote INGO and Eagle Creek :yesway:

I want one thats similiar to tree bark camo, but instead of tree bark pattern....strips of bacon pattern.....no wait...scratch that, someone would end up eating my shirt.

Seriously though, shirts might be cool :):

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Whomever takes the reigns of this thing should start a new thread in the special events forum.

I agree that this needs to be closed or moved and renamed to a special events area. (where is that?)

I tried to open one in the Site News and Announcements area but I don't have the level of permissions to do so, it takes a Mod apparently.

I have sent Pami a PM regarding this prior to seeing this post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom