• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    yeah I totally ripped off that title from someone else...

anyways.

I'm pretty sure the majority of people on here know about the INGO flag that cox7215 is sending to Fenway from Afghanistan.

I'm also pretty sure that everyone on here feels honored by this.

Bobby (cox7215) is due back stateside around May. I'd like to prepose the idea of a INGO BBQ, pitch in or some form of get together in Indy to fly this flag.

Would be a great way to welcome Bobby back home and thank him for his service as well as give those of us that can attend a chance to get to know each other without a keyboard.

I'm no good at arranging these types of things though. So if anyone has ideas of where it could be held, hosted etc. maybe they could get the ball rolling on it.

Any takers? Or will Mike be the only one that gets to toast the INGO red white and blue?

:patriot: :popcorn:

edit: I'm onboard with kicking in $20 or so to pay for food or whatever.

Last edited:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Isn't he from Kokomo?? I'd think it would be cool to have it in his hometown area, maybe at a park or something.. I'd be game for that..

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There are a few big parks in Kokomo that have the tables and shelters with parking.

Jackson Morrow park does not offer much shade, but it has a nice parking and a lot of open fields.

Highland park is has a lot of trees around most of the picnic areas. I am not sure about parking.

There are other parks but I was told to stay out of some due to crime and other funky stuff.

I only lived in kokomo for just over a year then moved away so my park knowledge is limited.

City of Kokomo Indiana | Jackson Morrow Park

City of Kokomo Indiana | Highland Park

City of Kokomo Indiana | Other Parks & Facilities

-James

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Does the city of Kokomo restrict carry in their parks?

You beat me to it. How does park restriction work? Is it state law that you can't carry in parks (except for DNR properties now like Eagle Creek)? Or is it entirely up to the city as to whether the want to allow it or not? Is it equivalent to your local grocer posting a no firearms sign and it has no legal recourse?

Those questions aside, I would be down for another get together. I would rather it be an NFA get together, but anything will do.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Maybe someone in (or around) the Kokomo area has enough property that we could gather there, thus negating the issue of parks rules..

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    You beat me to it. How does park restriction work? Is it state law that you can't carry in parks (except for DNR properties now like Eagle Creek)? Or is it entirely up to the city as to whether the want to allow it or not? Is it equivalent to your local grocer posting a no firearms sign and it has no legal recourse?

Those questions aside, I would be down for another get together. I would rather it be an NFA get together, but anything will do.

Per state law municipalities may restrict carry on their own property (which includes city owned parks). Thus it's up to the city.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    having it in Kokomo was one idea....having it somewhere we can carry was another...

I'll throw this to the fine folks that work out at Eagle Creek. What are the chances of renting the range on a given Saturday just for a INGO meet? I seem to recall there being plenty of space around there or at the park across the road to have the food/drinks etc.

I'm starting think I smell BBQ and gun powder, damn that makes me drool :):

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great idea! We could make this an INGO event that happens for every soldier that comes home to Indiana aswell. Just a thought.

I'm down for this. When and Where? :rockwoot:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    All I need to know is, Where & When!
    I would be glad, even honored, to drive from Bloomington to where ever it is going to be held!
    And if the wife can't make that day and somebody needs a ride, I can do that too.
    :patriot:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Eagle Creek is a City of Indianapolis park, so no carry in the main park per ordinance.

HOWEVER, the range part is exempt, so ya'll are more than welcome to utilize Range 2 and the picnic tables. Just get me a date.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Is there a group rate or charge? Would we have access to the steel targets? :):

Eagle Creek is a City of Indianapolis park, so no carry in the main park per ordinance.

HOWEVER, the range part is exempt, so ya'll are more than welcome to utilize Range 2 and the picnic tables. Just get me a date.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    All I need to know is, Where & When!
    I would be glad, even honored, to drive from Bloomington to where ever it is going to be held!
    And if the wife can't make that day and somebody needs a ride, I can do that too.
    :patriot:

If you drive, I'm in! :patriot::D

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008

I thought it was controlled by DNR which made it carry legal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom