• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ZSpeed's discussion of church attendance and GFGT's discussion of judgement dovetail into each other in my the lesson I gave last night on Ephesians 4. Paul calls all Christians to join together in unity in humility and patience.

We (Christians) are all running the race. There's a difference in judgement - are you doing it in a way that shoves your fellow runners to the ground and tramples over them or are you doing it in a way that helps keep running and stumbling off the path. If you're running alone it's easy to wander off and slouch, but in a group we can all help each other.

Precisely. Good analogy.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I do not go to church. That said; I have a shepherd, I keep the faith, and fellowship with other believers pretty much daily. I'm not proud that i dont belong to a congregation, sometimes I wish I did... but church is just not the same for me as it was when I was a kid... I don't know why, maybe it's the music, (too worldly and emotional for me) certainly the preaching seems different in the sense that everything seems so focused on self centeredness. Honestly, I've been in some churches that you couldn't differentiate from an Elks club or a bar.

I agree that there are many "churches" today that look just like the world. It is very frustrating. 1 John 2:15 "Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Don't give up though. If you search hard enough, I bet you can find a biblical church where God is glorified and the Gospel is lifted up.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I agree that there are many "churches" today that look just like the world. It is very frustrating. 1 John 2:15 "Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Don't give up though. If you search hard enough, I bet you can find a biblical church where God is glorified and the Gospel is lifted up.
    Look for smaller (as opposed to mega) and traditional denominations.

Top Bottom