• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I walked out with a scrapyard scrapper 4, I kept eyeing the Striders that Knife lady had but I managed to not ask to touch one, otherwise it would have went home with me. That's a good thing because I just got a quote for some home repair work that was about 2x what I was expecting (and that was the cheapest of 3!).

My little brother picked up a Colt AR, model 6900 for a great price, lower than we could even find online (I think they may have had it mispriced, especially since the DPMS's they had next to it were $100+ more...)

Got beat out by seconds on buying a Rem 700 - I saw the sign and the price and bolted across the lane - only by the time I got to the guy someone else was counting off cash.

Ammo prices were insane, tried buying an aimpoint for my bro's AR, only found 1 micro and they wanted a good $175 more than I could get it online for.

Oh well - first 1500 this year and it was fairly productive, I was surprised at that.

I saw one table that had 1K of 5.56 for 337.00 which is the best i've seen in awhile but other than that you're right. No way in the world am I paying in the 40's or 50's for WWB 100rds of .45.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I saw one table that had 1K of 5.56 for 337.00 which is the best i've seen in awhile but other than that you're right. No way in the world am I paying in the 40's or 50's for WWB 100rds of .45.

If you can find brass case reloadable .45 for less than $40 per 100, I'd like to know where.

I bought a .50 cal ammo can full of Winchester 130 grain SP 30-30 for $450 out the door. It was advertised as having 800 rounds but it actually had 833. If you take away $10 for the value of the can, it comes out to about $.52 per round. Also bought 1500 rounds of German surplus 8mm for $430. And I bought a very nice 8mm Turkish Mauser off a guy for $200. Not the best deals ever gotten at the show but the 30-30 was a pretty good one.

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    If you can find brass case reloadable .45 for less than $40 per 100, I'd like to know where.

I bought a .50 cal ammo can full of Winchester 130 grain SP 30-30 for $450 out the door. It was advertised as having 800 rounds but it actually had 833. If you take away $10 for the value of the can, it comes out to about $.52 per round. Also bought 1500 rounds of German surplus 8mm for $430. And I bought a very nice 8mm Turkish Mauser off a guy for $200. Not the best deals ever gotten at the show but the 30-30 was a pretty good one.

The 8mm isn't a bad deal, it's getting hard to find.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead
    Dick's and CTD are still cool to do business with, but the 1500 is bush league. Is that what you are saying?

Hi Roland, I'm not sure what you mean but I want to make clear I am NOT knocking the 1500 or any gun shows for that matter. The show was great (hey, I stayed there for over 4+ hours). I was just disappointed in the prices. I know they need to make money, but c'mon...with smartphones and easy access to check prices, I wouldn't mind paying a little over but fool me twice...

I'm not into reloads, antiques, jewelry, collectibles, used stuff, clothing, knives (but I did like looking at them :):), memorabilia, private collections, etc. I just want to see new in box beautiful guns!

Someone mentioned the Johnson safe and I have to say, those safes has got to be one of the best things I've seen. Talk about solid! I wish I could afford one let alone have space for one.

Your post count is low Osprey, so I assume you haven't been on the board long enough to have seen the talks of boycotting CTD (for jacking up prices after Sandy Hook) and Dicks (for pulling guns out and the horrible Troy AR debacle also after Sandy Hook during Christmas last year). Some people feel these two companies are slime and some feel that it's a capitalist society, and they can do whatever they want to. Do a search and see the PAGES of crap.

MAG58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Bought some LRN for the .45 and some WC's for the .38. Also was the first time I was able to find 4064. Wasn't the best price I've ever gotten but it wasn't too bad.

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    I picked up an XDM .45 4.5" for what I felt was a decent price from ZX guns and was all over the show getting various stray boxes of ammo when I could. I showed up with a wad of cash and left with a good bit of it afterwards. Ammo prices are still stupid. I only found a few moderately OK deals but I wasn't going to buy someone elses reloads. I always stop by the INGO booth, but didn't know anyone because I only just joined. Glad to be a part of the group now.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    My little brother picked up a Colt AR, model 6900 for a great price, lower than we could even find online (I think they may have had it mispriced, especially since the DPMS's they had next to it were $100+ more...)
    Those have been discontinued. The Colt 6900 is not really a Colt. It's actually made by Anderson Manufacturing in Kentucky. These were built under license.

Top Bottom